“Disappointed children”
Review of Codona's Aberdeen

Codona's Aberdeen
Ranked #61 of 159 things to do in Aberdeen
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not a bad day out but read the rules on height restrictions very carefully before you buy the wristbands as they are not very clear or logical. I ended up with two children 1 who could go on all the rides unaccompanied and one who needed to be with an adult. This puts the cost up and spoils the day as I (the adult) did not want to go on any rides

All reviews
"indoor soft play"
"great fun"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We went for the "all you can eat" option in the restaurant at Codonas. £ 9.99 .

There are a few reasons why we are not coming back

1 - There are only three choices of Pizza and two choices of pasta.

2 - You should eat the whole pizza before ordering something else (you are allowed to order something else without finishing the food but I personally hate wasting food).

3 - We waited 40 minutes for our starter and main. We ordered the BBQ pizza + the bolognese pasta (these two comes with the standard starter - dough balls)

4- When the food arrived 40 minutes after paying, we didn't like our mains.

Bolognese Pasta. We could only eat three or four spoonfuls of the pasta. The dish felt like a bath of runny and watery tomato soup with penne pasta. The penne pasta was way too over cooked because as soon as you tried to get it with the fork it disintegrated. See picture.

The BBQ pizza with chicken. We ate the pizza without the chicken because it was so so so dry.

5 - Because we couldn't eat the pasta and it is a "all you can eat" basis, we ordered another pizza - Margarita We waited another 10 to 15 minutes for the pizza. I must say that we really enjoyed that pizza and I don't want to forget to say that we also enjoyed the dough balls. So well done for those two dishes but too slow service.

6 - Since we realised how slow the service was, we ordered the dessert (which is also included) just 2 minutes after starting to eat the margarita pizza. 20 minutes after we ordered the dessert and after asking the staff twice, they didn't bring the dessert. When we asked the staff the first time, they said that they brought the dessert to the table next to us by mistake but even then they didn't bother to bring us another one straight away.

We ended up leaving without eating the dessert. By that point I was absolutely fuming and I preferred to leave before making a scene. I went to the bar where we complained several times at the beginning just to say that we were leaving and they offered me to speak to the manager. I refused because I was very very annoyed with the food and the service and I said I would contact them by email / facebook when calmer.

We are not coming back due to poor food and poor service.

Codonas, Manager at Codona's Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for your message.

We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your visit to our restaurant to have the All You Can Eat offer. We don't advertise the offer as a buffet as we believe in our Love Food Hate Waste Campaign and know from experience of previously doing buffets the wastage this creates.

We've picked up on your message via Facebook and our Management Team have tried to contact you to discuss your message. We would appreciate it if you could get in touch.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

There’s never a bad day out at Codona’s with my family, there’s not really a lot you can do in Aberdeen for under £20 so we come here most weekends. The one time there was an issue it was addressed by manager straight away and dealt with in the best manor. Harry went above and beyond to make sure we left happy. He is certainly and asset to the company and the reason we come back so many times. I highly recommend Codona’s and their pleasant staff

1  Thank regina0flangie0

Thanks for your message.

We're glad to hear you enjoy your regular visits to us and it's fantastic to hear our Management Team were able to assist you. We will pass your kind comments onto Harry.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I had never been to Codona's before so my boyfriend and I made a trip for the sole purpose and I loved it!
Whilst I'm not a fan of loud, flashy machines the rides were fun, especially the bumper cars!! I laughed so much and although we originally felt strange being a couple with no children, that quickly disappeared as we got lost in the fun of it all!
The waltzers brought back a part of my youth and I even let him win at crazy golf. Highly recommended day for everyone!

Thanks for your message.

We're happy to hear you both enjoyed your day out! It was very nice of you to let your boyfriend win the golf (hopefully he doesn't see your review! )

We hope to welcome you back in the future.