Hotels.com
Trip.com
Expedia
Snaptravel
1,373 results
All reviews valet parking beautiful hotel afternoon tea first class walled city birthday treat boutique hotel every member of staff lovely touch from start to finish top class staff were so friendly would highly recommend this hotel walking tour great night car park second to none
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

In restaurant for meal, service,food was excellent, can't say enough good about it, excellent service, will definitely be back again and again, long time since I have had three course meal, everything was top class, all the family loved it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
JP McCafferty, General Manager at Bishop's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2021

Dear Discover757928,

Thank you so much for your very kind review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to Bishop's Gate.

Thank you for mentioning the quality of our food and service, I will be sure to pass your comments to our teams.

Reviewed 21 July 2021

My girlfriend and I visited Derry last week and stayed in the Bishop's Gate, which we booked through Bluebook.
We were immediately impressed with the design of the building both inside and out. It's comfortably one of the nicest hotels we've stayed in for some time.
Check in was quick and easy. The Valet parking was fantastic and well priced compared to leaving the car on street parking overnight.
The staff were also extremely friendly and helpful - in particular, Sarah in the restaurant who served us and went above and beyond and really added to our already brilliant experience.
Only SMALL issue was the room we stayed in (104). The room itself was stunning, as was the bathroom - however, we could very audibly hear the noise of music from the staff room even as late as 11pm. Now, thankfully, when we called reception, they had the music turned off almost immediately which is great service - but others may not think to do this and the noise could quickly become annoying.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would happily return and recommend it to anyone!

Room tip: Not room 104 for the potential for hearing music in the staff room.

Dear Skennedy7IRE,

Thank you so much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Bishops Gate.

Thank you for mentioning the quality of our food and service, I will be sure to pass your comments to Sarah and the rest of our team.
I am glad that our team was on hand to deal with any issues during your stay.

Reviewed 19 July 2021

Overall a nice hotel don't get me wrong - I guess we were unlucky with our room allocations (2x twin rooms requested). That's why I am discounting the score:
Room 104 was very hot and requires airco during warm weather. The hidden city cafe on London Street is right outside the window and plays outside music from 8.30am onwards . I politely asked them myself to start later on the second day, which they agreed to.
Our second room 106 really was not ok - hot and claustrophobic with no view, one tiny window and the air conditioning units (only for downstairs floor unfortunately) are right outside the window and very noisy. Not acceptable for a hotel of this price point and standard - we were kindly moved to 401 for the second night which was a very nice room.

Room tip: Avoid lower floor rooms facing onto the public roads e.g. London Street. Avoid Room 106 and the one beside it!

Dear brandaan,

Thank you for your review.

I apologise that on this occasion there were issues during your stay, the recent higher than normal temperatures are taking some adjustment for us all.

With an old building such as ours it was not possible to install air con in all the rooms but we do provide a fan in each room to help our guests keep cool. I am delighted that our reception team where able to allocate you a more suitable room during your stay.

I am glad that our neighbours on London Street were able to rectify the music, this is not something we have had issue with before.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon :)

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2021

I recently stayed in Bishops Gate hotel for my sister's wedding..amazing service from start to finish! Gorgeous hotel with beautiful rooms, the food was incredible too. Really fantastic hotel but what sets it apart from other hotels is the staff.. everyone was so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Will definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Victoria L,

Thank you so much for your very kind review, I am delighted that you had an amazing day for your sisters wedding.

Reviewed 17 July 2021

We stayed here for just one night but would gladly return and spend a week there. The staff were all so friendly, the only names that i remember are Michael and Gary the two concierges and both Clef D'or members, very impressive. The room was beautiful as was the entire building. It reminds me of a mini version of the Merrion in Dublin. The dinner which was included in the rate was just beautiful, after so many lockdowns it was such a treat to have a lovely meal, a bottle of wine and a few Irish Coffees. We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank philipB b

Dear philipB b,

Thank you so much for your very kind review.
We are exceptionally proud of our team at Bishop's Gate, and I am delighted that Micheál, Gary and the rest of our team were on hand to make your stay with us even more enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon :)

Kind Regards,