1,384 results
All reviews tower hotel lyric bar inside the city walls car park within the walls hotel bar hen party central location derry walls reception staff tour group the heart of the city lovely hotel would highly recommend this hotel food was lovely porridge peace bridge
Reviewed 29 May 2018

The hotel was very busy and the staff were mostly friendly. But the room was very hot, and we couldn't keep the windows open as it was extremely noisy outside until 3am. They do not have a smoking area, so everybody stands just outside the front door. Our room was at the front of the hotel and the noise was ridiculous even with the window shut! The food was also poor at breakfast and for dinner. We have stayed here before and the food was a lot better especially breakfast. Sorry but I don't like watery juice, cold dry bacon, hard bread and rubbery eggs! The mushrooms were nice though.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank missusmad
Linda F, Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear missusmad.
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. On behalf of the entire team , we would like to sincerely apologise that you found us lacking on this occasion .
I can assure you this is not indicative of the service we strive to provide.
We would be delighted if you would allow us another opportunity to restore your faith in us.
We looking forward to hearing from you ,
Linda Folan,

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Great location inside the walled city of Derry. Modern hotel with clean rooms and comfortable beds. Our room was a bit on the noisy side, could here hen party downstairs and later on our floor.

Had a group dinner for 27 in the dining room, good food and service.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank ChristinePGH

Dear Christine H,
Thank you for taking the time to post your fantastic five star review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you fully enjoyed your stay . I will personally pass on your praise to the entire team.
We do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Linda Folan,

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We always call to the Lyric Bar at weekends when we are both off work. Best bar in Derry. Seriously. And Nicole B, what can I say. That girl needs promoted. Great friendly banter with customers. And her Irish Coffee is unreal. I've had many here over the years, and hers is definitely the best.

Dear Marina W,
Thank you for your fantastic five star review on TripAdvisor. It is an absolute pleasure to have you visit us on such a regular basis. Nicole is a valued member of our team and I will personally pass on your praise to her.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

A bartender named Paul was the rudest individual our tour group had to deal with. He ignored several in our group and when I asked for his name because of his poor service he accused me of threatening him. The hotel itself is very nice a strategically located within the walled city.

1  Thank RobertMc0311
Linda F, Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Robert M,
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased to see that you liked the hotel itself.

As you can see from all our reviews, we as a team pride ourselves on our customer service and I was disappointed to see that you had a bad experience.

Paul is an exceptionally talented bar tender and a valued member of our team.

Had you asked to speak to a manager , liked you advised Paul you would when you demanded for him to give you his name, we would have rectified your dissatisfaction on the night .
After speaking to Paul , I can assure you it was not his intention to serve the lady before you, he made a genuine error in thinking the lady was there before you. Please accept our apologies for this.

Should you wish to discuss further, please contact me directly at lfolan@maldronhotels.com .

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend away in May, our first trip to Derry. I booked a superior executive, but what we got was a standard double with a king bed in it and a small annex with desk and wardrobe. The room was next to the lift with grim views of extractor fans. It was neither superior nor executive by any standard and when I raised this with reception I got a prompt apology, with not as much as eye contact to add some sincerity. The parking is chaos, don't bother entering the car park as there is a good chance you'll be boxed in or have your car damaged, also it appears to be an unofficial smoking area. Despite the room, reception, parking and one of the many hen parties having a blazing row outside our door at 2.30am... The hotel is ideally located, clean and modern. The breakfast was excellent and the server who looked after us both mornings was a credit to herself and the hotel, saving our experience somewhat. Overall I think the brand and staff could do a little better, consider not selling room 110 as superior for one, engage a little better with customers and Bob's your uncle, you'd be off bottom-spot on trip advisor. The city of Derry does enough on its own to charm your guests, don't let them down with easily fixable things like customer service!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Linda F, Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Zodalmighty,
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review.
We are an extremely proactive team here on site and we welcome both positive and negative feedback,
By letting us know what you liked and disliked , we can now work on improving our offering.

Kind Regards,