3,618 results
All reviews oak restaurant percy french slieve donard lighthouse lounge mourne mountains vitality pool resort rooms beautiful hotel sea view irish sea steam room superior room porridge hastings hotels restaurant manager buffet style first class
Reviewed 15 January 2016

The opulence of this hotel has to be experienced. Situated right at the foot of the Mourne Mountains in Co Down overlooking Newcastle beach on one side and Royal County Down Golf links on the other - what more could you want! The nouvelle cuisine using locally sourced products was complimented by an impressive wine list and unparalleled service.

Stayed: January 2016
1  Thank Lyn214
Stephen_Meldrum_GM, Guest Relations Manager at Slieve Donard Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very kindly for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate it.

I am delighted you enjoyed your meals with us and took interest in how we pride ourselves in food provenance. It is so important to us and our suppliers to hear such great feedback.

Thank you for choosing Hastings Hotels, we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

Perfection. Class. Relaxed.
Room was immaculate with nice view over the sea (superior double room ). Staff are great and welcoming. Beds are comfy. Shower, bath and accessories all available. Nice Breakfast.
Didn't try dinner in the hotel, an Italian restaurant just at the top of the Main Street done the job.
Best part is the spa. Being able to use the spa until 2/3pm after checking out, is good option also. Lockers, showers and changing rooms available for changing if need be.
People leaving stuff on the loungers whilst in the pool, can mean there is empty loungers with just people's robes and slippers on them. Which means waiting to they leave before using the loungers. Don't think many people realise the lockers are just next to the spa.
Best time to enjoy the spa is 7pm onwards as no kids are allowed after 7PM.

Highly recommended will definitely be back.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you from all the staff and management here at the Slieve Donard Resort & Spa for leaving such a great detailed review.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from the beautiful locally produced food to the wonderful Spa.

We work so hard to ensure that every guest has a memorable stay, so when we hear our effects recognised it is a great indication that we are doing a good job.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future & thank you for choosing Hastings Hotels.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had a few days here, it was excellent from the efficient friendly staff to the delicious food. The spa was luxury and the view amazing. A few family members joined us for lunch in the lighthouse lounge which again I could not fault in any way.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

We are delighted you had a great stay at our hotel from start to finish. We hope that your guests also had an enjoyable lunch.

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave this review – it is very important to The Hotel staff & to our future guests.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Thank you for choosing Hastings Hotels.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2016

I have visited Slieve on numerous occasions for afternoon tea and thoroughly enjoyed the experience as did family members who benefited from the take home box of leftovers.I recommended it highly to others so this year my christmas treat to the ladies in my family was Tea in the Slieve .I can honestly say the best thing about the day was watching the waves from storm Frank roll in.When the cake stand came out it was bare looking to say the least not something you would pay £25pp for the food was just about edible,the sandwiches fillings were unrecogniseable because they were squashed the pastries were puny and brie tart and mince pies were burnt to say the least.We did voice out concerns when we went to pay and they were noted and in fairness a very nice man came to our table and saw the standard of food and immediately said there would be no charge at all which in fairness redeemed the hotel but left me feeling a complete idiot considering the way l talked about my previous times there and the effort everyone made to get there in such inclement weather,Wasn.t going to review but looked at other reviews in particular about the food and think catering needs revised

Stayed: December 2015
3  Thank annie3754

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we really appreciate it.

We are sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay and apologise for the issues in which you faced.

I would be grateful if you contacted me with more details such as your name, the date in which you visited & the name of this review. The reason I ask for this is because the more information I have means that I can ensure the information is passed onto management so the problem is dealt with as quick as possible, my email is guestservices@sdh.hastingshotels.com

We welcome all feedback as we use it to enhance our service and to ensure we are providing 5 star customer service.

We thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Had a suite and a double room for two septuagenarians and a son, his wife and child for 3 night, 4 days Seasonal package. Package included all meals, pool, work-outs, games, quizzes, evening entertainment, Santa's visit, etc.

Stayed: December 2015
Stephen_Meldrum_GM, General Manager at Slieve Donard Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very kindly for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate it.

Thank you for giving us 5/5 - it is wonderful that you had a magical Christmas with us.

I do hope you will return again in the future.

Thank you for choosing Hastings Hotels,