“Became ill after lunch 🤮”
Review of Deanes Love Fish

Deanes Love Fish
Ranked #102 of 1,198 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We ordered the seafood platter and although we thought the food was ok and well presented we unfortunately become very ILL a few hours after our lunch and were both throwing up and spent the following day in bed!! When we contacted the restaurant to explain what happened, they just apologised and offered us two complimentary glasses of prosecco when we next visited

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

This was a big disappointment. For a fish restaurant the menu was unusually limited offering very little choice. The crab and celeriac starter was lacking in any real flavour. The main, fish and chips, was poor and excessively greasy. Not at all appetising. With the addition of slow service the whole thing was a real disappointment and the added 10% service charge the final straw. I have eaten in some very good fish restaurants but this is not one of them.

1  Thank VRO53
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Love Fish is centrally located at 28 Howard Street and forms part of a group of Deanes restaurants. The interior is bright and welcoming, service is friendly and swift.
I went there twice for lunch and once for dinner. I absolutely fell in love with their seafood chowder and hake. Lunch prices are really competitive, as you get one item from the menu for 6.50 - 10.50 with a glass of wine. Dinner prices are slightly higher.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We were a party of four and were having a birthday dinner. The food was fresh and tasty and the service was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

So I went for the first time with my wife for lunch on Saturday afternoon, tempted by the £6.50 lunch menu. My wife had the chowder, I had the fish and chips - both were superb. My fish was the nicest battered fish I've ever had and even the mushy peas and chunky tartar sauce were special. Portions are small but it is a lunch menu. We don't normally 'do' dessert but were both still peckish and both tempted by the sticky toffee pudding. We ordered one each, thinking of the small portions - big mistake as these are huge and one would have done between us - but we managed to finish them they were so good!

On the negative side - when we ordered dessert I also ordered two coffees and specifically requested that the coffees be served WITH the dessert. Coffees arrived, coffees were sipped, coffees were finished - and still no dessert. The waiter (without prompting from us) twice went to investigate the lack of dessert and twice apologised but the coffees were long done by the time the puddings got there.

Then to cap it, there was a 10% service charge added to the bill - no mention of 'discretionary' or anything like that - it was just there - for a party of 2? And after such a clear issue that the staff were aware of? My wife wouldn't let me query it - didn't want to spoil what was a super lunch in terms of food quality, but I was surprised and disappointed by this.