“Oh My!”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #524 of 758 Restaurants in Swansea
Description: Denny's is America's diner. This is where guests have come for over 60 years now to sit back, relax and enjoy delicious, hearty meals, every day of the year. From breakfast anytime to satisfying lunches and dinners, if you're in the mood for it, chances are we're serving it. Always welcoming and always serving up hearty diner food along with a mug of fresh hot coffee. So come on in anytime, park yourself in a comfortable booth, take a seat at the counter, whatever you want, because it won't take you long to understand why we're truly America's diner.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

For a family diner that wants to promote a ‘healthy’ menu the quality of food is bitterly disappointing! The menu felt very dirty! The children’s choice is limited to some over cooked pasta and a tomato sauce that contains more colouring than tomatoes; sweet corn smothered in a whole tub of butter and pancakes that were out of a packet! As for my husbands burger- it was a lump of cooked mince that had soaked the bun to become as limp as the lettuce! The service was pleasant!
Keep it to a simple and fun diner experience - quick and easy, burger/fries- that’s all people want!! Oh and don’t worry about the sugar tax- keep the Pepsi on the menu!

3  Thank racheltite

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

No Pepsi, no pot roast, slow service, all the menus appeared a bit grubby and dog eared. The food, let's not go there! I could ring out my burger bun and the patty, wasn't, it was a mash of mince meat.

2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Came here with my partner for an afternoon treat. We were shown to a table right away which was great. We ordered a milkshake each and a burger. The milkshakes came pretty quickly and were really tasty. We also had a starter each, I had bacon and cheese potato tots which were quite nice and my partner had chicken strips which were again, ok. Our burgers seemed to take a while and I can't even say they were worth the wait. Our burgers did not taste of anything at all and we were so disappointed. My partner had the potato tots instead of fries and he had 6 on his plate! The main meal was just awful.
The waiter was quite rude when we said that we didn't enjoy the burgers and said he thought they were lovely.
To top it all off, it was £50, way overpriced for the slop it was.
We definitely won't be returning.

3  Thank Sjabena
Reviewed 29 May 2018

On the 25th May 2018 at roughly 9.15am, Denny's was very quiet. Myself, my 1 year old and husband went for what we thought would be a treat.
The server was great, took our order and food arrived around 30 minutes later. The baby was quite fed up at this point.

We both ordered the lumberjack slam and chose sourdough toast. We believed this was a great choice and it contained pretty much everything that we could try on our first visit.

Food arrived, with not just burnt but black toast, black hashbrown and rock solid bacon. (My husband stated American bacon is normally hard, so we only had the toast and hash brown replaced, which arrived just as we were finishing the meal. Most of what was on my plate was wasted.

This was extremely disappointing. £32 for two adult breakfasts and food for the baby and we really didn't enjoy. The taste of burnt food put me off the entire meal. What a waste of hard earned money. We will not go back there and neither will a lot of our friends and family who saw our photos on social media.

How food can leave a kitchen like that I do not know!

6  Thank jemben89
Reviewed 29 May 2018

After visiting Denny's in the USA many times over the years, we could not wait to try it out when it opened in Swansea. We weren't disappointed, no less American than the others we have tried and food just as good. Service was excellent and our server very knowledgeable about the menu. My only criticism was that we were sat directly under the air conditioning and it was freezing and food went cold quite quickly. Other than that, very happy with our visit and will definitely be returning.