“Always excellent”
Review of Bar 44 Cardiff

Bar 44 Cardiff
Ranked #41 of 1,220 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$11 - US$61
Description: The Bar 44 Group of Tapas Bars are all slightly different with their own unique menus and ambience. There is, however, one common theme which runs through them all....the passion and desire to bring the very best food, drink and hospitality from modern Spain to the heart of South Wales - Cowbridge, Penarth, Cardiff Bar 44 tapas We have 2 kitchens in Cardiff, La Despensa & De La Cocina Some of our favourite regional spanish produce served from la dispensa kitchen next to the bar. Last orders for food 23:30 Fri/Sat, 22:30 Mon-Thurs, 21:00 Sun. de la cocina Our current tapas dishes from the main kitchen. Last orders for food 22:00 Mon - Sat, 21:00 Sun. drinks The Bar 44 wine list won the Harpers Spanish Heroes Award 2015 Best Wine List and we are proud to offer nothing but Spanish wine across the board. Superb sherry, cava, beers, gins, cocktails and much more available.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've been here quite a lot over the last few years and they consistently serve great tapas and cocktails. They've put good measures in place for covid too.

Date of visit: November 2020
Write a reviewReviews (702)

Reviewed 9 December 2020

Went to Bar 44 on Friday for some lunch tapas before work, and the experience was incredible. A cosy and welcoming atmosphere, and of all the dishes my friends and I tried from the tapas menu, I would struggle to put them into any kind of ranking as they were all amazing.

The tuna tartare, and the duck confit burger were tantalising melt-in-the-mouth, the chorizo was the most flavoursome and tender I've ever had, and the Iberico ham croquettes were so rich and tasty that I almost ordered a second plate!

I commented that they had not put a single foot wrong in anything they had made and I will definitely be visiting again!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 24 November 2020

I usually turn my nose up at eating sunday roast out in restaurants, as I've always thought that you can do better at home. However I was recommended this place by a foodie friend so I thought I'd give it a try.
I've had the Sunday lunch to share (£17pp) three times here now and each time it's been absolutely perfect .
Beef cooked to perfection, manchego cauliflower cheese delicious. Every component of the lunch is executed to perfection, what a great twist on a traditional meal.

Reviewed 22 November 2020 via mobile

Struggling to find somewhere for Sunday lunch last weekend and Bar 44 managed to squeeze us in.
We had the Sunday roast beef for two and it was stunning! Plenty of good food and flavour combinations which you wouldn’t think would work but really did!
Staff were very friendly and felt very safe eating there.

Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

I have visited here time and time again, and it gets better each time!
We had a number of veggie tapas dishes which were full of flavour! The Patatas bravas were beautiful as well as the frittata. We had a beautiful bottle of Rioja; Beronia Ecoligico. The staff were welcoming, friendly and attentive. Great service.

Date of visit: October 2020