“Our new regular! ”

In Cafe Cardiff
Get food delivered
Ranked #78 of 1,215 Restaurants in Cardiff
Neighbourhood: Cathays
Description: One of a kind fusion cafe in Cathays, Cardiff serving delicious English and Oriental cuisine at the most unbeatable quality and price!
Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

The vegan selection was stunning- can’t find anywhere else that does vegan crispy beef and all the other vegan alternatives they do so an absolute game changer here! The food was all fresh and highly recommended (crispy shredded beef). There was a couple of dishes (such as salt n pepper chips which aren’t worth the extra pound) that we weren’t fussed on but I think that was personal preference. The only downside I would say is it is a little pricier than most Chinese restaurants but you get what you pay for!

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank 311katej
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed 22 January 2021

So pleased we found In Cafe, it's great Chinese food. We find the vegan menu excellent, and the food and service is consistently good. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 18 January 2021

Tried these guys last week as it’s the only Chinese we can find in Cardiff with vegan options. Our exceptions were exceeded! We ordered vegan crispy beef (can’t stop thinking about it and will be ordering this week. So crispy and the sauce was delish), vegan chicken balls (fantastic alternative just slightly on the greasy side but that’s to be expected even with battered chicken balls), vegan lettuce wraps, curry sauce, chips and rice.

Highly recommend, I only leave reviews for exceptional experiences.

Also, we live in St Mellon’s and they don’t deliver here but it is worth the self collection anyway - just a note for you guys at the In Caffe.

No photos - ate it too quickly!

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 7 January 2021 via mobile

My friend recommended this to me and I'm so happy she did! It's delicious..I had the vegan salt and chilli squid and vegan sweet and sour battered balls with the veggie noodles. I'd recommend the balls especially as they are just how I remember them before turning veggie!!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 24 December 2020 via mobile

First and definitely not the last time we’ll be having a meal from
“In Cafe”.
We’ve tried loads of Chinese takeout in the Whitchurch/Birchgrove/Cathays areas and without a doubt this is the best.
Covid lockdown prevented a visit to the premises so we opted for home delivery. Service was excellent as was the food which arrived piping hot and was delicious. Huge portions and great value for money.
A little more expensive than the average Chinese takeaway but this is not an average takeaway so give it a go, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2020