“Horrific experience”

Pizza Hut
Ranked #47 of 175 Restaurants in Bridgend
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 31 May 2018

What an horrific experience at Pizza Hut today. I went there with my daughter and 4 grandchildren and I admit it was busy however, we chose to have the buffet a cost of £6.99pp for adults £4.99pp for children. We ordered drinks, helped ourselves to salad bar and with other customers waited for the pizza buffet and waited and waited. Customers started to queue around buffet area and were told pizzas would be 5 minutes. 15 minutes later 2 large pizzas and 4 small pizzas arrived and the free for all began. 5 minutes later pizzas were gone. Complained to Manager who was so unhelpful and rude and told me that it was extremely busy she has no control over the buffet and there were always pizzas in the oven. I also overheard her say to another member of staff that she was "shaking with temper". I also had the pleasure of paying £50 for one slice of pizza (which I managed to grab from the buffet) and a bowl of salad for myself, 4 children had 2 slices of pizza and my daughter also had 1 slice of pizza and drinks. Needless to say this will be my last time eating at Pizza Hut.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We eat here regularly, bearing the price in mind the food is great value. We have the lunchtime eat all you like buffet, which is a salad bar, a choice of 6-8 pizzas and 2 pasta dishes to choose from. The staff are friendly and e food is fresh and tasty. The price does seem to escalate if you deviate from the set meal.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I visited alone on a Wednesday 25th April at 6pm.
The restaurant is ample and clean. I was seated quickly and advised someone would come to take my order. My order was taken promptly shortly after. The salad bar was neat and full and looked fresh. The self serve drink area was clean and glasses well stocked. My pizza arrived quickly and was delicious. The staff seemed friendly and happy which made my visit pleasant. As a lone customer I felt comfortable. Please thank your lovely staff.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We ate here today - and have been quite a few times the past few months - and we always have great service but today was really outstanding. We were served by a manager - I believe she was called Ann Marie - and she really went above and beyond for our group, checking how we were, helping us to seat how we wanted (we were a large group), making sure all food was done quickly, putting different pizzas out on the buffet - asking us if there were any in particular we wanted - and just generally really amazing, it really made our day the way she was and we would definitely return and highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I must say that the buffet is very good value, with lots of delicious pizzas available.
Excellent as always in this place, so no complaints.
Brilliant staff, always go out of their way to be helpful.