Review Highlights
Piggin' Perfect!

We booked the Piggy Walking for 4 people on what turned out to be a very wet weekend, but even the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ruth-reviews
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Absolutely Amazing

My girlfriend and I went there, when we were arrived we were warmly greeted and were able to groom... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
James H
via mobile

All reviews cakes sheep shearing kune kune pigs brecon beacons great fun country lane organic farm great company great afternoon home made highly recommend this experience tasty lunch wonderful hosts birthday present from my husband animal lovers her daughter refreshment stop
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

My husband bought this as a gift for me at Christmas, I was mad about hedgehogs.
We thought it was a rescue centre for hedgehogs ... how wrong could we be!
I must say before I write the review that they do amazing work for the hedgehogs but if your looking for a day of just finding out and seeing them then this is not for you!
We turned up for my experience to find that the rescue is a bungalow on a council estate!
We were shown into the house which looked like a horders paradise!
We were given tabbards to wear which stunk and a pair of blue throw away gloves that had clearly been worn before and washed out! After waiting in a cluttered conservatory when were then taken to a couple of sheds in the garden. We were then told to get stuck in cleaning out the hedgegog cages which I might add were disgusting! I'm all for pitching in... but 6 cages later I smelt like a hedgehog.
I don't feel I know much more about hedgehogs for the experience, as a matter of fact .. they have put me off hedgehogs for life!
Basically paid £40 to clean up hedgehog crap!
We were offered tea but declined, could not wait to get out of there as quickly as possible
Would not recommend as an experience unless you enjoy being a skivvy!

1  Thank susyanne
Julia B, Owner at Good Day Out, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Sorry this wasn't your idea of a good day out but we do warn about what the morning entails on our website, and we also send quite explicit info when a date is booked in case anyone wishes to change their mind. Many of the nation's rescues are operated by dedicated individuals from their homes, working 24/7 for no financial reward, and the basic work does entail keeping the animals as clean as possible in the unnatural habitat of a cage. The hedgehogs are nursed back to health and released back to the wild as quickly as possible.
Please don't book this experience if you don't wish to know how most small animal rescues function! We have run this experience for over 3 years now and this is our second complaint (the other being that a child thought the animals too smelly to go near), but we also have many people that have attended and felt that they were privileged to have been part of helping save the declining hog population.

Apologies again, Sue, that this just wasn't for you, but at least your money has gone towards some vets bills.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Had a lovely afternoon walking the four pigs, who all had their own great personalities and adds to the whole experience. Tea after was lovely and the other guests were very friendly and a good time was had by all.

1  Thank Kevin M
Julia B, Owner at Good Day Out, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Thanks for the Pigin'-Good review Kevin! Hope to entice you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We had a great afternoon spending time with the pigs and a lovely tea after. There was lots of information provided and everything was very clear. The pigs live in an amazingly beautiful place (which is nice to visit in itself) and it was during lambing season, so loads of lambs to see in the neighbouring farms too. I’ve never been this close to pigs before and they were so friendly! We felt very welcomed and relaxed. A lovely event for children and adults alike.

Julia B, Owner at Good Day Out, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Haha - love the "pig"tures!!
Best wishes and many thanks for taking the time to review

Reviewed 16 May 2018

What a brilliant way to spend a few hours! We did the piggy walk, walking through the beautiful Brecon Beacons with four gorgeously entertaining Kune Kune pigs. Helena met us and was informative and friendly, allowing us to feed and stroke the pigs as we led them down the country lanes. The mountains around us made the experience even more special. Thank you so much to everyone there! So much fun :)

Julia B, Owner at Good Day Out, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Haha Jamie, so glad you had a great time with the special piggies, and the recent weather has made the hills around this hidden valley greener than ever!
Hope to see you on another Good Day Out soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Amazing experience meeting Babs, Hazel, Willow & Holly and walking them up the country lane. The pigs all have different characters and they kept us in check to make sure they were getting enough food! Helena was lovely and very knowledgeable and provided us with a great pig nic at the end of the walk. Can highly recommend.

Julia B, Owner at Good Day Out, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

That's so nice you had a good walk with the girls. Hope to see you on another Good Day Out soon.

gooddayout