“DO NOT EAT HERE!!!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ordered a burger and chips, chicken tikka. Told waiting time was 30-40mins. Took an hour. New something was up when first looked at menu and it was stuck to the table. Hygiene issues. What was eventually served to us was shocking. The bap was burnt, the burger was dry with salad leaf on top. The chips were half crispy. Basically crisps. And the salad on on the plate was a joke. The rice served with the chicken tikka looked like it had come out of a microwave bag. Again chips were mostly crisps. I told the other half for Christ’s sake, do not eat what resembles the chicken!!!!
I told the assistant manager who had clearly out grown his shirt that are they taking the ****?

Week before we had been to brains chain restaurant in Risca and the food, customer service was spot on.
He refused to give me a refund as I had sworn at him. I hadn’t sworn AT him, I had asked him a question.
Shame really, if Gordon Ramsey saw the atrocity they served us….. god help him.

Please read previous reviews and stay away!!!
Wish we had!

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (398)

Reviewed 18 August 2021

Booked a table for two found the staff friendly and helpful on arrival. Ordered pork chops and sweet, unfortunately when the chops arrived, the chips were anemic and undercooked,still hard and raw.
Sent back when returned chips were cooked but still looked like they hadn't been deep fried. There was no onion rings or half a tomato and the peas were like bullets.
When the sweet finally arrived 30 minutes after the main was finished and a gentle reminder to the staff, there was no fruit etc in the raspberry and peach melba.
I have had better food from takeaways and Wetherspoons at a fraction of the cost.
Will not be returning or recommending any time soon. At least we got an apology on our way out for the poor meal.

Reviewed 13 August 2021

Popped in for lunch yesterday after walking in the morning. Was greeted by the owner of manager who showed us to our table and took our order. However when the food came out the waitress slipped and the burger ended up flying onto my partners lap. Luckily he caught it but was no apology or I am sorry can I get you something else. Also when we went to pay for the meal no ‘how was your meal etc’. Won’t be going back again

Reviewed 15 July 2021

Excellent value,cooked superbly,good presentation and the staff were very friendly and efficient.Would highly recommended.Will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: July 2021
Wellington H, Assistant Manager at Wellington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2021

Good Afternoon CarolemX6969QL

Thank you for taking the time to leave such an amazing review on your recent stay with us at the Wellington Hotel.
I am pleased that we exceeded on all your expectations and I will certainly pass your positive comments onto all our team.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Wellington Hotel in the very near future.

Kindest Regards
Jamie
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2021

Chose from 2 mains for £14.00, opting for the Chicken Bacon Salad, and the Burger. Both meals really good, certainly better than we expected for the price charged. Only downside was we waited 45 minutes for food to arrive. This is certainly forgivable as they have had a 100% staff change since the lockdown, with chef only taking over this week. We will definitely visit again next time in Brecon.

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank Richard L

Good Afternoon Richard L

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review on your recent visit with us at the Wellington Hotel.
I am pleased that you found all aspects of your visit enjoyable.

I hope that we are able to welcome you to the Wellington Hotel in the very near future.

Kindest Regards