All reviews small lounge excellent breakfast locked garage ideal location the en suite bathroom bottled water visiting the area place to stay lovely couple lovely garden couple of nights biscuits comfortable bed friendly owners perfect stay surrounding area excellent hosts
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

B&b was lovely, very clean and comfortable bed. Breakfast was catered for vegetarians which was the best we have ever had. Nothing was too much and we were offered a safe place for our bikes. It was was a small walk from the town and we were recommended where to eat.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Incredibly charming B&B in the centre of Brecon, with incredibly friendly and accommodating staff. My sister and I had an amazing sleep and enjoyed a substantial breakfast before our sporting event. Would definitely visit again!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TheUltracrepidarian
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

After visiting in September 17 we returned this year. Arrived early but as room was ready we were shown in. Lauren advised us that the road outside was closed for two nights for roadworks and she was quite happy to move us to another room. Not needed. Room was clean and tidy bottles of water and biscuits. Coffee is good too. Breakfast is whatever you want off the menu and there is no shortage. Can't recommend this accommodation highly enough.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I stayed Friday-Sunday for a local friend's wedding. I rang on the door and was greeted by one of the owners who was very friendly. She showed me to my room which was a good size for just me, it could have fit a couple easily. The bed was comfy and the en suite bathroom was just right. I can't say much about the hot drinks facilities because I didn't use them, but everything looked about right.
The breakfast in the morning was as you'd expect, a good selection, and the apple juice was very good indeed!
The only down (and it is a very small one) is that I could't open the window, it got a little stuffy the first night but it was fine once I turned the radiator down for a bit.
Especially for the price, this was a very good place to stay and I would definitely recommend and visit again.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
lolffon, Owner at Flag and Castle House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi Jimmy,
Thanks for a great review. For future reference, you have to pull the sash windows down to open them.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We stayed in a twin room which was exceptionally clean, tidy and roomy. Our host Lauren was really hospitable and friendly, she also cooked an awesome breakfast. The Flag and Castle's location meant it was a great place to explore Brecon and the surrounding national park.

Room tip: Not a single problem with the twin ensuite
Date of stay: January 2018