“Amazing food service and atmosphere”
Review of Pont-y-Pair Inn

Pont-y-Pair Inn
Ranked #9 of 32 Restaurants in Betws-y-Coed
Cuisines: Pub
Description: A warm welcome greets you from Sue, Colin and all the staff at The Pont Y Pair Inn, We wish you and pleasant and comfortable stay and a memorable visit to Betws Y Coed. our inn is situated at the gateway to Snowdownia National Park, we are lucky to be in such a breathtaking surroundings and vast countryside with stunning walkways, cycle paths and river pathways. The inn offers 2 family rooms, 6 en-suite doubles, and 2 twin rooms with shared bathroom facilities. We offer exceptional food at all times and all our produce come from locally sourced suppliers, if when ordering please expect a little wait as all our food is freshly prepared to order by our highly trained chefs. The team wish you a pleasant stay and an enjoyable time in Betws Y Coed and look forward to you visiting us again.
Reviewed 11 June 2021

Upon entry myself and my family were greeted and seated after all regulations were dealt with. In no time whatsoever my food was out and ready and let me tell you now the food was absolutely delicious you have to give credit where credit is due and The waitress brought in my food with a smile on her face and was so pleasant. also might I just note how amazing the atmosphere in the pont y pair in is it is such a picturesque Restaurant/Hotel. Overall the pont y pair inn in my opinion is a 11/10 u would most definitely recommend you come here to eat the food is top quality and you hardly have to wait therefore it’s quick and quality food and everyone there is so pleasant I would Recommend going their because I will definitely go again. Absolutely Amzing!!

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (481)

Reviewed 7 June 2021 via mobile

Sorry. Totally agree with negative reviews. No pre-booking needed. Not busy. However, a very long and very muddled wait to eventually be served dreadful food and flat shandies/cider drinks. Would recommend standing in line for Y Stablau first. P.S. The little chip shop across the road was indeed doing a roaring trade.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

A truely awful experience. We only called in for a drink but we were greeted by grubby tables, a mountain high of empty glasses stacked on the bar, bar staff who really didn’t care whether we were there or not, a landlord who was too busy to serve us and to top it off...hardly any beer.

Admittedly it had been a busy weekend but no beer? Poor planning in my view...and then we were charged for a pint of coke...which was actually a can into a pint glass with 3/4 of a glass full of ice.

Avoid!

1  Thank Lord_of_the_pies2
Reviewed 3 June 2021 via mobile

After a very long walk Swallow Falls, and stopping at the hotel of the same name up the hill (only to find they finished serving food just 10 mins after we got there at 3.10pm - when it says they serve food “all day”), we ventured downhill into Bettws-y-coed for food.

Bear in mind we’d been doing a strenuous walk up and down dale - we’re both in our 50’s - and were looking to a decent meal.

We had a lovely welcome when we got here, and were served with drinks very quickly. We’d ordered food at the same time as the drinks.

50 mins later, my wife noticed that people who arrived 40 mins after us, had been served with their drinks and full meals.

So I went to the bar and asked how long our food would be? They couldn’t find my order, yet the waitress remembered what I had ordered!

The food wasn’t going to happen! I got an apology from the gentleman who brought our drinks, but nothing from the waitress or the lady taking the money at the til.

Lovely place but please don’t wait for your food for more than 20 mins. We just thought they were busy - they actually weren’t THAT busy.

Wouldn’t have been fair to mark much lower - people make mistakes and businesses are trying to get back on their feet. I respect that, hence 4*

1  Thank Nomad25395650234
Reviewed 23 May 2021

We went out as a falimly for the first time in a year after lockdown and thought this place looked nice. We ordered 2x egg ham and chips one with cheesy chips instead of normal chips, a child's chicken nuggets chips and beans, garlic bread no cheese, pint of coke no ice, j2o and kopperberg. After waiting a little while (not too long) our order started to come out of the kitchen. 1 egg ham and chips, child's meal garlic bread WITH cheese and cheesy chips, when we asked where the other adults meal was we found out it hadn't even been written down and it would be another 5 minutes before it was ready. 5 minutes passed and both myself and son had almost finished our meal (still waiting for the pint of coke) after 10 minutes and still no meal we decided to call it a day. We got the bill were charged for 1 egg ham chips, gaclic bread and cheesy chips (which they returned to the kitchen) and 3 drinks with the bill still came to nearly £25! All the while the 2 waitresses were bickering at the bar for all too see and the woman behind the bar had no idea what was happening and had no problem in letting customers know!

Will definitely NOT be returning I can however recommend the chip shop over the road where we popped into to get my husband something to eat!

1  Thank Rebecca H