“GARDEN SEATING ”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Real Ale. Real Food. Real people
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

What a lovely pub. Well staffed, efficient and very friendly even on a very busy night. Lots of seating outside which was great on the sunny evening we went. Good range of ales, can’t comment on food as we only drank. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

My boyfriend and I visited the Nag's Head 'OP' or 'Other Place'- the name the publican gives his quirky and understated dining room). Having eaten a heavy lunch we were pleasantly surprised to find some lighter fish options on the main menu and specials board. I opted for the 'salmon and prawn skewers' and my boyfriend chose the 'seabass with samphire'. Both were beautifully presented, well seasoned and delicious. My skewers were served with seasonal asparagus wrapped in bacon- which was a thoughtful and delicious addition to the plate! The menu is a great mix of pub classics and more sophisticated dishes.

I particularly enjoyed the service and atmosphere. The wait staff are friendly and attentive without being 'in-your-face', we were well looked after and our waitress took the time to have a pleasant chat with us and give us info about the daily soup and specials. The low-level music and general chit-chat created good ambience- we also had a great view of the common from the window by our table.

My only complaint (if you can call it that) was the overly generous serving of cheesecake my boyfriend had for dessert; it would have comfortably made two slices and I hate to see food go to waste!

All in all a very pleasant and relaxed evening and the bill (2 mains, 2 desserts and 3 drinks was a very reasonable £50)!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Came here with my husband during a weekend break for our 10 year anniversary, having seen the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. We absolutely loved it here! Fab range of ales, lagers, wines and other drinks. Cosy feel, liked the fires and how the pub was dog-friendly. We’ll definitely be back soon, and try the food next time!

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

This is precisely what a good pub should be.
Everything about the experience was excellent including:-
Email contact.
Phone conversation about parking -Plenty on street.
Food including Fish and Chips. Chips like my Mum used to make and a fish hanging over the edge of the plate.

Great draft ciders.

It was worth the 2 hours of traveling. If I can find an excuse to go back, I will do.
Well done.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

I am very happy to be able to report that The Nags Head in Malvern now always has vegan options on the specials board so you are assured to be able to eat here.
Furthermore, the management have told me that there will be vegan options permanently available on the main menu (maybe even a dedicated vegan menu alongside the standard menu..?) and this will come in at the next menu change very soon.
Today I was presented with a choice of no less than FOUR vegan main dishes for our lunches!! Fantastic!!

The portions were a very good size and the food was very well presented and was delicious!

Top marks to The Nags Head!
With this venue being so close to me, I cannot wait for the vegan menu update!

Thank you.