“Fantastic dinner in a beautiful setting”
Review of The Beehive

The Beehive
Reserve with OpenTable
The Beehive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 174 Restaurants in Maidenhead
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Without any doubt, the Beehive was the culinary highlight of our week in and around London. By far.

We were seated right at the large window, with a beautiful view into the open landscape where the sun was just setting.

As in most Restaurants we had been to, the cuisine was traditional with some international touches. The difference was that they really prepare their food not only with care but with love, even a staple like fish & chips - I couldn't restrain myself from stealing my wife's fresh mashed peas and crisp chips, even though I had enough on my plate with my muntjak pie (for ignoramuses like myself: muntjak is a deer which accidentally immigrated from China about a century ago and, damaging as it is to the Berkshire forests, makes an amazing pie).

My vegetarian daughter enjoyed her October salad as well, and I finally reconciled with the fact that English draught beer is devoid of any carbon dioxide, which one could even consider a blessing in disguise as generous drawers can fill the tumblers to the brim, and fast.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

We were a large group of 18 and a pre-order of the menu (from several choices) was needed. This secured a speedy serving of all dishes. Special dietary requirements were respected and all of us were very positive about the delicious plates.
The service and ambience was wonderful and we had a memorable experience.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I went to the restaurant with a friend and as someone who avoids gluten the menus don't have a lot of choice. What a lovely surprise that they could offer a selection of things I haven't had for years. Good old fish and chips!
The setting is rural, the staff very friendly and accommodating, food was great. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Was expecting something Very Special and was very let down , Average to say the least very small portions and Luke warm food sent out , Every thing seems to be an extra added to your bill at the end , do watch out for there Service charge / on that matter service was not that great may be a bit of staff training especially when we left not one person said Thank you very much feeling Disappointed,

1  Thank haddockSussex
Reviewed 30 September 2018

We went this evening for my pre-birthday dinner and their food is incredibly elegant, playful, and most importantly delicious. Will def. come back again.