“Nice spot for lunch, vegan options”
Review of Greengages Cafe

Greengages Cafe
Ranked #1 of 22 Coffee & Tea in Salisbury
Price range: US$8 - US$39
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A home from home place to come and enjoy a relaxing cup of coffee or a hearty, freshly cooked meal.Opening hours:- Mon-fri 8.00Am-5.30Pm,sat 8.00Am-5.00Pm. Food served from 8.30Am-4.Oopm daily.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Very nice café, perfect spot for lunch. The menu has several vegan items, I tried the vegan scampi bites, which were quite good and kind of tasted like those battered fish fillets you eat as a child. Portions were quite big and staff was friendly.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We stumbled into this place while waiting recharging our EV. Friendly staff, fresh food, well presented, GF and VG options. We will come again. Tea and coffee variety was great too. Interior ok but a bit simple.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Richard & Louise the owners, have created a wonderful tranquil café in the medieval cathedral city of Salisbury.
The coffee is the best I have ever tasted on my travels and the food is homemade and very 'YUMMY' indeed.
Please, go visit Greengages and experience excellence.

1  Thank NMT2
Reviewed 20 May 2018

A lovely lunch with friends. We sat in the courtyard which, on a sunny summer day, was quite a suntrap and kept any noise from traffic at bay. My friend's daughter, a vegan, was overjoyed at the extensive range of choices available, including on the specials board, and there was plenty for the non-vegans as well! I had the superfood salad bowl which included a choice of protein, 4 vegetable types, nuts/seeds and a dressing - delicious and filling. The bacon, brie and cranberry baguette provided a substantial lunch and the vegan platter (one of the specials) with falafel, roasted vegetables, hummus and pitta bread was huge (and, I'm told, delicious). The meal was great value for money.

1  Thank MikeHarley0305
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

My son and friend came here for lunch yesterday. Sandwich, jacket potato and quiche all tasty and delicious.
Only slight criticisms - the Millionaires shortbread needed more caramel and chocolate - was very shortbread heavy.....coffee also wasn’t good. I couldn’t work out if it was the milk or the coffee. I love strong coffee but it tasted almost quite bitter....
Great service, great menu choice & great prices! We will be back!