“Above average Wetherspoons”

Ranked #672 of 2,231 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Opening Hours: 08:00 - 00:00 Monday to Wednesday 08:00 - 01:00 Thursday to Saturday 08:00 - 23:00 Sundays
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Needed a place to relax and have breakfast outside in the Sun with a pint, and where better than this place. Feels different to your regular Wetherspoon, bit more clean and modern. Not huge inside but has a sizable terrace that suited me.

Quickly ordered my American Pancakes and a pint of cider (it's only 9:30am) and relaxed in the Sun. As it was early the service was smooth and speedy. Only about 10 other people here. Great pancakes as well. As the Sun was quite powerful I went inside for my second pint and to use their free wi-fi.

This is a good Wetherspoon when not overly busy. Nice views over the square. Suited me on my travels and would use again probably for breakfast or lunch for their great deals.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Really nice place, nice decor and fab outside seating area on the millennium square but it was very busy as the sun was out and the world cup games are being broadcast on the square. Sat inside, on the upper level and headed back down once we decided what we were having to eat/drink. The server, who was in fact ‘The TL’ I found to be rude, he happily continued having a conversation with a girl stood to the side of me whilst taking my order and pouring my drinks and I’m now certain he overcharged me for my order. The food came and was lovely, we both thoroughly enjoyed our steaks and the there was plenty of it

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I hate giving a poor score but we have been visiting this pub for years but lately it's been ridiculous. No Sauvignon Blanc, No small bottles of prosecco (either colour) no this, no that.....we ended up asking what they did have and ordering accordingly. This has happened so often the last few times we visited we have given up and started going elsewhere which is a shame, it's in a great spot, this isn't a high end establishment but used to be great for a swift drink after some retail therapy but not anymore. Very dissapointing. And don't blame the weather, whoever orders has access to the forecast just the same as anyone else!

cuthbert b, Manager at The Cuthbert Brodrick, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having such bad experiences with us lately. Unfortunately some of these issues are largely out of our hands. We have been unable to order sauvignon blanc on tap for 2 months due to the ongoing supply issues with one of our main suppliers, Matthew Clark. We are also changing the bottles of prosecco we do and are in the process of having them swapped over. I can assure you that we are working hard to ensure full availability of our products and I can only apologise that you feel let down by us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great view on the square and lovely building. Cheap drinks and fast service. Very friendly staff. Nothing negative to say but this based on a quick weekday visit for only one drink.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Friday afternoon. Couldn't get served at the bar. Poor queuing system. Not enough staff. Walked out.