“AVOID, AVOID, AVOID”

Cheng's Garden
Ranked #518 of 671 Restaurants in Coventry
Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Delivery Times .... hmmmm
We placed our order before 7:00pm on a Saturday evening .. expecting a bit of a wait we were surprised to see delivery times were 45-60 minutes ... we could deal with that it was Saturday after all..
8.00 pm came and went so at 8.20 I decided to call and see if our order was en route .. when I eventually got through I was told rudely that no my order hadn’t left yet and it would be another 20 minutes.. 9.00 came and went still no food again when I called and eventually got through I was told it will be a few minutes .. still no apology for the fact that they were over an hour past their advised delivery time.
9.30 arrived and I was trying desperately to get through to tell them to forget it (130 times I tried to call them last nite) 9.36 our food arrived .. almost 3 hours after ordering it, we unpacked and it was missing items, I called again and got an apology for the missing item .. shall we send it now ... hmm it’s taken almost 3 hours to deliver my original order .. it’ll be morning by the time I get the rest.
A lesson learnt, I will never order from here again .. rude, can’t get the order right and dreadful delivery times ...

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (25)

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

We have been waiting for 2 hours for our food to be delivered, we’ve been fobbed off with excuses for the last hour! It might be delicious, we may never know!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 31 January 2021

Last couple of times we ordered the food has been vile!! The chicken seems cheap and undercooked almost slimey to the taste and the king po chicken was unbelievably spicy and I eat very hot food all the time and the boiled rice was more like a brick of rice won't be going here again

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 31 January 2021

This place serves consistently lovely food but is never on time and you always have to call to find out how long your food will be and you never get an apology. The app seems to give a standard 45 or 60 minutes, we are currently on 1hr and 40 minutes and suprise surprise it's on its way, so as long as your willing to wait then I would recomend, if you want to eat at a decent time then I would find somewhere else.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 27 November 2020 via mobile

1hr 45 mins to wait for delivery.

We always order a Chinese from here. But the last few times the usual 20 min early delivery has gone to a very late 1.45hr wait. Each time!!.
This time cold soggy chips and condensation soaked ripped bags. Rang multiple times to be told he’s on his way. From where Birmingham??
Think twice. Think they are taking on more than they can cope with. But while the monies coming in they won’t say no. Shame that their usually high rated reputation is slowing hitting the skids.

Date of visit: November 2020