“Does what it does but driver was actively useless.”

National Express London Heathrow Hotel Hoppa
Ranked #10 of 18 Transportation in Birmingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The bus ride it’s self does what it needs to and will ferry you from the Heathrow terminal to you hotel or the other way round. Flat rate of £5 is expected but on this travel from terminal 5 to the bath road premier inn (1814 27/06/18) was more then a little frustrating caused solely by the driver . For me it was fine as I knew what I was doing and had £5 cash ready but for others not so good. First issue was the driver seems to be annoyed with life and takes it out on anyone who asks a question. Most people ask “is this the bus that goes to.....” a simple yes or no would do but a blank look, mouth slightly open and what only looks like two lazy eyes isn’t really what is need for the mother with three trying to find the rite bus. Asking the question slower and louder did encourage an answer. The other was a women who had a £20 note to a sluggish noise of “No change”, the women tried to pay by contactless card but none of her cards were. The women said “what do you want me to do” asking for a solution, which was met by a “It’s £5” (less than helpful). I think only because the women then looked at him with a face any 3yr old would cry at that the man said “Wait there” indicating that she will need to wait for change from others.

My point to this long review is that the drivers attitude is not what’s needed when you’ve just had a flight and all the hundreds of things that could be floating around your head that you need to do is not helped by a driver like this.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I never write poor reviews as it seems too easy but feel that people should avoid this service. The driver was rude the signage was poor. When I asked the driver for advice he was exceptionally rude. I have complained twice and heard nothing back. With great passion I advise all people to avoid this terrible service. Cannot believe that they are allowed to keep going.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

They run every half an hour or so, are uncomfortable and difficult to handle with luggage and are totally over-priced for a pretty poor short hail service.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Avoid using this service and take the train, sadly they are late all the time and whilst the people there are helpful they are always late and I missed my connection.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I whent to london and I bought National express tickets to go from airport to town nside the Airport. Price was cheap about 18 double way....but the lady at the airport do NOT tell you that when you buy open tickets it is impossible to find a seat on a bus. Whit open ticket you can t reserve a seat so when we came back at 5 in the morning all busses where full already reserved and people whit open ticket could not go on!!! There is an app where to buy tickets from and to airport whit reserved seats I think the app is easybus. Do not get any double way at the airport you 'll never find place!!!! NATIONAL EXPRESS experience.