“Lovely lunchtime menu”
Review of Edward Moon

Edward Moon
Price range: US$21 - US$41
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a light lunch at the restaurant. Nice friendly service and very good choice of both lighter lunches and full menus. Specials of the day were displayed on the board. We just had a light lunch but everything was well presented and the potato chips which accompanied my baguette were excellent! Would certainly return next time I visit.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,747)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great atmosphere, very friendly and accommodating staff, faultless food, a lovely dinning experience, at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Relaxing day in Stratford walking about see this place looked good it’s on one off the side streets the menus looked taste an so did the specials on the board . It was around 2.15 pm so we all went in lovely setting . The waitress was very friendly and helpful and so hah the liver pâté and the white bait to start nice portions to an very tasty we had the butternut squash’ coconut curry with chickpea an potato rostie with coriander an spinach with goat cheese topping let say it was absolutely bloody lovely what a surprise we all enjoyed it for a lunch time menu it was spot on next time in Stratford we def going back here every thing was cooked from fresh which we loved well done

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and I ate here during a recent short break in Stratford-upon-Avon. The restaurant was opposite our hotel and the menu had a good range of choice. (I'm a vegetarian and this had several choices of mains which were not the *standard* vegetarian options that I often find in *English* bistro type restaurants.) It looked the sort of place that would be popular so we booked for the Saturday evening.

The food was excellent. We both had a cheese souffle to start - very light texture (lighter than the same dish at Brasserie Blanc) and the sauce was not heavy as it sometimes can be. My wife had a rare steak which she thoroughly enjoyed. I had the Harrogate blue cheese gnocchi (though I was tempted by the butternut squash curry). This was one of the best dishes of its kind I've had in recent times. We shared the English cheese board for desert.

The wine list is not extensive, but nor is it silly-expensive. The service was prompt, efficient and friendly. The bill did not include service charge.

We will be happy to return to Edward Moon on our next visit to Stratford and recommend it for anyone looking for an imaginative but not pretentious English bistro restaurant.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My partner and I booked a table for 7:30pm on a Saturday evening and I'm glad we did - people were being turned away without bookings as the restaurant was full. The menu offers a good variety of dishes and additional specials are displayed on boards. I'm not a fan of having to pay for a main meal and then extra for vegetables or salad which increases an initial reasonable price. We were warmly welcomed when we entered and seated at a little table which benefitted from the cool breeze created while the front and rear doors were open. We decided upon mains of lamb shank and Tewkesbury chicken with sides of stem brocolli, green beans and a salad. The salad was so small I'm glad I didn't have to share, it was somewhat disappointing for the additional £2.95 price. Both meals were nicely presented and tasted delicious so no complaints there. Having passed on starters we had enough room for the £6.95 desserts of creme brulee with homemade shortbread and cheesecake with mango and passionfruit served with ice cream. The meal was filling enough and we certainly didn't leave room for anything more. Staff were keen to ensure we enjoyed each of our dishes and checked how we were when clearing plates. They took time to have a chat with us and gave us information about some of the walks we could do along the river. Overall, a very pleasant evening and tasty meal. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to have a relaxed evening with good service and a friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank enjoytheexperience1