“Great food and great service”
Review of Simla Restaurant

Simla Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$16
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Stylish Indian, high quality cuisine in a cosy and relaxed atmosphere. Many will be familiar with the original Simla restaurant which has been within our family since 1981. The Simla has now re-opened, totally renovated with a refreshed look and feel and an updated menu. Our cuisine harks back to long established and fresh ways of preparing dishes without any pretense or gimmicks. The menu is carefully crafted and reflects our deep appreciation of historically significant dishes from throughout the Indian subcontinent.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I have used Simla for many years, and the food has also been great with pleasant service, the décor was, well a typical Indian appearance but acceptable, however now it has moved into the 21 century, the whole restaurant has been transformed and is very presentable.
The food has moved with the times also and is still full of flavor and well presented. Hot in temperature and taste, the chicken I had was pure breast and white as it should be. I shall return very soon excellent job done.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Dined here Sunday 24th after reading the tripadvisor reviews.I fancied the chicekn madras but it had 'three chillies' next to it on the menu so I ordered chicken sag and it was tasteless.I couldn't discern any spices at all. My husband ordered a prawn dish which was delicious but it should be at £15 for three (large) prawns. Their poppadoms and dips were nice but not enough of it for two

Reviewed 26 June 2018

First visit for our anniversary and we made a great choice. Nice surroundings, exceptional service and fabulous Indian cuisine. Started with the poppadoms and dips which were great, an unusual spicy chunky mango dip being the favourite. My starter of a trio of chicken tikka were tasty and well presented whilst the wifes' mango salad was fresh and light. The mains were a delight, my Goan fish curry was spicy and fresh and the wife said her mixed lentil dahl was the best she'd ever had. Dessert was a new experience with excellent Gulabjanum milk dumplings and ice cream reversing my previous dislike of Indian sweet treats. On requesting the bill we were presented with the drinks menu for a complimentary choice for our anniversary, gin and port gladly accepted. A lovely evening in a smashing restaurant with superb service, we will return.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The service was excellent and the food was superb, With a party of ten the wait staff really guided everyone through the ordering process and the timing of the courses was just right. I would recommend the Lamb shank kashmiri rogan josh and the Gunpowder blast chicken, but the Grilled sea bass also received praise.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

What can I say OUTSTANDING SERVICE! 15 of us went for a meal last night every single member of staff made the night so special. Thank you to the manager for seeing to our every needs. Food was fabulous and surroundings second to none. Well done and thank you each and everyone of you. ❤❤❤