“Classy dinner in a classy hotel”

The Bridge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bridge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #306 of 1,380 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$20 - US$53
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nestling on the River Tyne, The Bridge combines decadent dining with stunning views of Newcastle and Gateshead Quayside. Continually evolving menus guided by seasonality and local produce. Visually exciting, honest dishes inspired by both classic and unusual flavour combinations brought together by the skill of our kitchen team.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

As I stayed in the Vermont Hotel, the first evening I had dinner in the Bridge Restaurant. The choice on the menu was ok, but not that much to choose from. I choose the Rib-eye steak which was ok. I ordered extra pepper sauce, however I could not taste the pepper and the sauce was extremely thin. Also for any sides you need to pay extra which in my opinion a bit overdone.

Overall ok for me, but for this review I rate this restaurant Average.

Alexandra C, Guest Relations Manager at The Bridge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

I am sorry you did not have as good an experience as we had hoped you would when dining at the Bridge Restaurant.
I have forwarded your feedback on to our head chef.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I had afternoon tea with my family in their lobby area which is gorgeous and the reason we chose the Vermont. The food was lovely and the experience could have been really good had it not been for the appalling service. No one came to even take our order for 45 mins. We had to get our own drinks from the bar, whereas I expected waiter service. We had to chase the staff to get us a cup of tea then sugar which they didn’t bother bringing with it. The afternoon tea, our empty glasses and everything else sat uncleared for hours. When it came to paying we were charged £20 per afternoon tea and I had to show them their own Facebook post which advertised it at £30 for two over the Easter weekend. Had I not seen that post then they would have happily over charged us. I wouldn’t recommend afternoon tea here because of the poor service and lack of care or attention.

Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at The Bridge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your experience at the Vermont hotel as much as we had hoped.
I would like to address the issues you have raised to assist in the understanding of what went wrong.
Due to the size of your party, your reservation was booked into the restaurant for afternoon tea which is the reason that it took longer for you to be served as our team were expecting you to arrive at the restaurant and not the reception lounge. They were unaware that you had arrived so please accept my apologies for the confusion.
In regards to the service you received after being brought to the attention of the team, this is currently being investigated by the Restaurant Manager. This is not our usual standard and I must offer my most sincere apologies for this.
The offer for the 2 afternoon tea's for £30 offer needs to be quoted upon booking for this to be added to your bill. As this was not stated on your booking this was not applicable however I am happy to see that the team applied this for you after you approached them.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Alexandra C

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful afternoon tea for my grandma's birthday. We can't fault a thing. Service was fantastic.

Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at The Bridge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience with us and I hope your grandma enjoyed her birthday!
We hope to see you all again soon,
Alexandra C

Reviewed 12 March 2018

OK - we had a booking for 20ish place settings so delays and mistakes are expected and we got them. Less seat placings than booked; big delays in taking and delivering the courses; and very poor quality of service for this standard of hotel.
The food was good and plentiful when it arrived but the accompanying vegetables arrived much later than they needed to be. The deserts were good but the cheese board was appallingly bad and meagre. Coffee was indescribably bad.

Alexandra C, Front Office Manager at The Bridge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the food and found it to be in suitable amount.
Apologies for the confusion with your booking. Upon investigation it appears there has been miscommunication about how many people the booking was for. In regards to the service, for larger parties we always advise that pre-orders are taken to ensure swift service and quality. Given the nature in which your reservation was booked, this was overlooked. Please accept my apologies for this.
Although not the kind of feedback we like to see we appreciate that you have taken the time to write about your experience. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Excellent food, drink & service...lovely streaks!!! If staying at the hotel, they also offer a great breakfast!

Alexandra C, Guest Relations Manager at The Bridge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for your review and delighted that you enjoyed your meal. Hope to see you again when you return to the hotel.

Kind regards