“Really welcoming to my baby and me!”
Review of Pho

Pho
Ranked #64 of 258 Restaurants in Guildford
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Description: Pho Guildford is a healthy Vietnamese restaurant with loads of vegan and gluten free options. We specialise in pho, the Vietnamese noodle soup, and also serve delicious curries, rice dishes, wok-fried noodles and healthy salads, too. We also have loads of starters that are perfect for sharing with friends and family. Over a third of our menu is vegan, and nearly all of it is gluten-free, so we are a great destination for people who follow those particular diets. We are accredited by Coeliac UK. Aside from our lovely food we offer a brilliant range of healthy juices, as well as delicious wine and beer, and a fantastic cocktail menu too. If you're unable to dine-in, you can click & collect your order, or find us on Deliveroo. We look forward to welcoming you!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went to Pho for a quick lunch today with my 6 month old baby. The staff were incredibly welcoming to us - they went out of their way to get us comfortable, to double check we didn’t need anything else, and even carried my bag to the loo when I needed to change my baby’s nappy. Donna (I think) was especially kind and enthusiastic.

The food was delicious and service very quick and attentive too.

Date of visit: August 2021
PhoRestaurant, General Manager at Pho, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Becks,

Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review!! We love to welcomes Mums and babies and do what we can to help out. You have a beautiful baby and it was our pleasure to serve you and your lovely friends.

Hope to see you again soon,

Donna.

Write a reviewReviews (189)

Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

Loved this, food was excellent reasonably priced and the staff actually provided good service which apparently post lockdown is really difficult. Me and my girlfriend came as we had left Wagamama’s as it was like a 4 year olds birthday and massively expensive. Will only return to Pho from now on!

Date of visit: August 2021
PhoRestaurant, General Manager at Pho, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2021

Hi Freddie,

Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review! We are thrilled you had a great time with us and will continue to come to us. I will pass your comments on to the whole team.

See you again soon,

Donna.

Reviewed 22 July 2021

We took our two boys there for a mid-week end of school celebration and we love the food. BUT the service was awful. The restaurant was really quiet and their excuse that they had a big order in was not cutting it with me , when I could see straight through to the kitchen and lots of staff hanging around and chatting. It took an hour to get our main course. We had to ask for chopsticks. There were no place mats. I had to prompt our server about the whereabouts of our food. All of which dampens the expensive experience. I reluctantly paid the service charge but it wasn’t worth it. For a bill over £100 with no alcohol or dessert I won’t return in a hurry.

PhoRestaurant, Manager at Pho, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

Hello Sianm

Thank you for your time to review our restaurant and give us some feedback from your recent visit.
We are really sorry to hear that our service wasn't up to our usual high standard.

We do take all our guest feedback seriously and your feedback has been passed to our team.
Please could you email me at guildford@phocafe.co.uk so I can personally get in touch with you.

Kind Regards,

Adip.

Reviewed 20 July 2021

We made a booking for a graduation dinner here and even though we’d messed up the numbers for the booking, the manager at Pho was really accommodating, offering to do us a table outside when we showed up which was great as some of my family weren’t too comfortable sitting indoors. The fact that they will do this for customers is really nice and we were so grateful. We even got a free bottle of Prosecco!

Our food was delicious, by far the best Vietnamese I have had since I was in Vietnam! Even if you don’t go for traditional pho, the rice bowls are so good (I tried the tofu which I’d recommend) and the fresh spring rolls come with some really lovely sauces/dips too. There are plenty of vegetarian and vegan options as well.

Overall we had a really great time here. It ended graduation day perfectly, and I’d just to say thanks again to the staff for being patient with us and so accommodating! Thanks guys!

PhoRestaurant, Manager at Pho, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2021

Hello Willmotg

Thank you for your time to review our restaurant and give us lovely feedback from your recent visit.
Also big big congratulation for your graduation. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our food, drinks and service.

I will pass your feedback with our team and our lovely manager Donna ,she's amazing and great to see she made your graduation memorable.

Thank you and we look forward seeing you soon at Pho.

Regards,

Adip.

Reviewed 7 July 2021

We used to go Pho before but every time we went , the staff was stressed and distracted . Careless really. We had many time the wrong soups too. Made us feel it was our fault. We have been back again a couple of times now and its a big difference! The staff smiles, relaxed and very attentive! Donna the manager runs the show effortlessly!! She is lovely, upbeat, fun and hands on with customers and staff. It is really nice seeing the place this way and we really enjoy going back since she is there!! Thank you Donna and team! :))

Date of visit: July 2021
PhoRestaurant, General Manager at Pho, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2021

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review!! We are thrilled you enjoy your time here now and long may it continue..... I shall pass your comments on to Donna who will be thrilled you enjoy the service and the food.

See you again soon,