“Quality & Quantity”

Cuisines: British, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I more than one hundred times at Number Ten and, have to say, that I'm suprised at some recent comments about portion size.

The facts of the matter are that the food is always beautifully prepared - and the quantity is always absolutely spot on. I have a huge appetite and have never, ever left feeling hungry. If I am ultra hungry, I sometimes really push the boat out and order extra vegetables, or whatever. The staff are great - and it's never a problem.

Rather than bemoaning what is a sophisticated, but at the same time honest and extremely well put together menu, people should smile, offer to pay a little more and ask to Go Large. If this causes any customers a problem then, maybe they should stick to the delights of the shrivelled up excuse for food that is an Eat All You Can Harvester offering - complete with obese chav customers berating and shouting at their chicken nugget children.

Dining out is all about The Experience - a chef working hard to create something special, engaging staff serving food with a smile and, exquisite, sophisticated yet relaxed surroundings. Number Ten delivers brilliantly on all of these.

2  Thank Jonathan H

Dear Jonathan H,

Very many thanks for your considerate review. We appreciate your positive review and social commentary! You seem like a very experienced and sophisticated foodie, so it is always a pleasure to read your comments. We look forward to welcoming you in the very near future.

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Wow! What a find. Absolutely second to none service, friendly but very professional. Food was superb. Fantastic 5 ways carrot gnocchi. Perfect setting beautiful Tudor building relaxed but smart feel.

Dear julesa75,

Thanks so much for your lovely review. The 5 ways carrot gnocci will be making an appearance on our new menu and we were so delighted you enjoyed it so much.

We very much hope to see you both again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Have been here a lot of times over the past year since moving to Lavenham.
Sunday night is pizza and pasta night and this seems popular with locals. It certainly has become my Sunday regular to enjoy a pizza and glass of wine in the bar.
Visited recently again on a weekday and tried the parmigiana, even though I am a meat eater I really loved this vegetarian meal. The staff are clearly passionate about food and always make me feel welcome.
Would highly advise visiting this place whether for just a drink or food.
Looking forward to many more visits!

Dear Victoria116,

Thanks so much for your terrific review. Our pizza and pasta night is always bustling and it is always so lovely to see a regular smiling face.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Had an evening meal at this restaurant. Warm welcome, shown to a nice table. The restaurant is very nice. What was disappointing was the food. I had the pie of the day. Steak & ale, very tasty but very small & only 3 Yes 3 pieces of steak. My partner's meal was very salty.
Would not visit again.

Dear Leven65,

Thank you for taking the time to review Number Ten. Whilst we were so very disappointed to read your review, we always check back on our guests to see if everything is OK, and if it is not, we can fix the issue at the time rather than after the event. I am so sorry that the food was not to your taste on this occasion, but I would warmly ask that you come and try us again to see if we can change your mind.

All the best,

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Have eaten here before and totally impressed, however on return not so sure ?
Was quite surprised with the portion sizes vs the cost .
Ordered crab salad which appeared to be what you would expect a starter to be .
Quality of food good , but came away hungry unfortunately.
Previous visit was a lot better, not sure what has changed?
I think if your not serving michellin very rich food then a more generous helping would be welcome. Atmosphere lovely .

Dear manfawhitehead,

Thanks very much for your review. I am so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your most recent visit with us. I will review with the whole team the issue of portion sizes as we would really be disappointed for our customers to be unhappy. I am pleased that you enjoyed the atmosphere, we always try to ensure that all of our guests have a terrific time with us.

We very much look forward to see you again soon.

Kind regards,