“Journey to Bath”
Review of The Thief

The Thief
Ranked #398 of 628 Restaurants in Bath
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

cool place, cool room (we had room 23, 2nd floor), nice breakfast, very friendly staff.
BUT it is soooooooo noisy due to the road just in front of The Thief and english Windows arn't realy noice protecting are they?

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I went to bath to have a break from the chaotic London and this place was perfect! The room was quite big and it had all the comfort. The atmosphere is nice and all the details are accurate. Even the breakfast was really good and I couldn't stop petting the two amazing dogs that live there.
Nice experience!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My party of 8 stopped here enroute from our hotel to the rugby last Friday afternoon.
Upon entering we were delighted to see a beautifully decorated pub with a wide variety of drinks available (and even some dogs making the place feel even more welcoming).
Unfortunately, that is where the good experience stopped; the gentleman serving us didn't seem remotely interested in communicating with us - in fact, he was rude, obnoxious and completely stuck up.
I even tried enquiring about the possible future availability of accommodation, but again any attempt to communicate was quickly shrugged off as unwanted.

I guess my key point here is; 8 of us had stopped here for a coupe of drinks, owing to the damn right rudeness of the bloke (certainly no gent) behind the bar we very quickly finished our drinks and left after feeling so unwelcome.
If you are open to the public and interesting in retaining any kind of repeat custom - at least have the decency to communicate with your customers!!!

Owing to this experience, I certainly wouldn't recommend again!!!!!!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Found by accident, so glad we did! love the atmosphere, ambiance and service. Great find will definitely be back!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Room was ok but extremely noisy as right by main road. Also no WiFi and tiny shower and toilet area. Had breakfast the first morning and didn’t even receive a friendly welcome, almost acted like we were inconvenient for being there, really disappointing. Had a lovely stay in Bath but wouldn’t stay at that hotel again or recommend to anyone.