“Great fun bar, fab staff & super cocktails!”
Review of Turtle Bay

Turtle Bay
Ranked #112 of 648 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We love Turtle Bay. Our works nights out always start by gathering here for a few warm-up bevvies before heading to wherever in Bath our boss chooses. Always a good grin, decent music, cheery staff & tasty drinks. What's not to love!

1  Thank jaydubster
Turtle B, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time and warmth to leave us a review. If you are regulars and don't already have the app then I would strongly suggest getting it as there are some amazing discounts and offers available.

James

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Came here to celebrate a 30th birthday and was very disappointed. Not only was I unimpressed with the awful service and moody staff, but I have never seen such dirty floors and tables. There were no excuses as wasn’t even very busy. I was appalled to see five staff sat at a table drinking and chatting the whole night, not doing their job. It came across as if the customers were almost a nuisance to them. Despite asking numerous times to clear the table, they ignored us, leaving us to clean it ourselves. On the table next to us, someone accidentally knocked one of the orange chilli sauces off the table, which smashed and splattered all up my white jeans and glass was everywhere. We asked for it to be cleared up, but staff decided that chatting to their colleagues was more important at this time. So eventually after 20minutes we asked a second time and reluctantly a moody member of staff who didn’t apologise for the wait, came and cleared the sauce but left remains of glass and tissue all over the floor (see photo). When we left there was still loads of glass on the floor, despite the waitresses noticing it, they decided to ignore it. I was in shock as this could of caused some really serious injury.
I’m not one to normally complain, but being so dissapointed I felt I had to write this review. This is my first review on trip advisor and I will not be coming back here.

Date of visit: June 2018
Turtle B, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Good morning.

Having read the highlighted issues above I will be investigating the details on this and would kindly ask you to email me for further correspondence on bath@turtlebay.co.uk

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is fab 241 cocktails on a Saturday afternoon TIL 7pm. Ginger beer is lovely and gingery.
The chicken one pot curry triniy curry was lush and so was the jerk coconut chicken.
I can’t wait to go back

1  Thank Jan C
Turtle B, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. Glad to see you enjoyed the food and drinks, if you like ginger beer and cocktails I would definitely recommend our Jamaican Mule for your next visit! Also, if you have not already done it then go and get the app for some fantastic offers and rewards across all of our lovely venues.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Popped in for drinks. Great 2 for 1 cocktail hour. You have to both have the same cocktail. Our rum negronis were great. The place was packed and we were still served quickly and with a smile. Would definitely visit again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Turtle B, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Amazing to hear that you enjoyed the negroni's and vibe here at Bath! Next time you visit I would definitely recommend trying the Jamaican Mule! If you haven't already then also look at our app for some amazing offers to use in all of our amazing branches. Have a great weekend.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I have frequented other similar restaurants, and not been particularly impressed, but after visiting bath Turtle bay i feel compelled to write a review

Having previously working in hospitality for over a decade i am someone that really appreciates top quality food and service. Bath Turtle bay impressed me with their dediaction to service, cocktails and versatile menu.

The atmosphere was vibrant and genuine.the staff were well trained and happy to go above and beyond for their clientele. I left with a feeling of satisfaction and enjoyment that i have not felt for some time.

I cant recomend this place enough!

1  Thank 206wayne
Turtle B, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thanks very much for the review and your appreciation. Making people happy is exactly what we want and I am happy that we hit the mark. We very much look forward to having you again soon.

James

PS: If you haven't already then download the app for some great offers on your next visit.