“Birthday dinner ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

First time visit with my husband and son , customer service amazing , beef Wellington absolutely lovely, even though I could not eat all had to take doggy bag ! Will be visiting again shortly , highly recommended

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

On a couples break, we visited for dinner and quite simply had one of the nicest meals I have ever had.

I had Crispy Hens Egg and Asparagus to start, followed by Rump of Lamb with Wild Garlic Risotto, Goats Cheese and Broad Beans. Both courses were phenomenal, cocktails were delicious and the service was outstanding....shout out to Lucy and Jake for being spot on with their service.

Like others who have reviewed, we looked at the menu and thought it may be a little pricey but it is so worth it and actually I now think my starter was underpriced!

My only criticism is that it's not where I live.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend visited the Henry Tudor house on Saturday for an early tea. We ordered off the British tapas menu. We had the beef wellington to share, chicken breast with a salad and cauliflower cheese. What can I say.... just wow the food was amazing! The beef wellington was so tasty, the beef was pink which is how it should be! The chicken was full of flavour and the presentation of the food was lovely. We also had pudding to share, we had the apple and ginger crumble. I’m not a massive crumble fan but this pud has converted me to one! The crumble came with a vanilla custard which did put me off as I can’t stand custard, however I tried it and I must admit I kinda liked it!I really can’t fault the food and the staff were lovely too! Very chatty and accommodating. 10/10 for me and would definitely come back again :)

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We have been to the Henry Tudor on quite a few occasions. And have always had excellent experiences there. If we ever have our friends visit us in Shrewsbury. We always take them there for a meal.
The food is A+ and the service by the staff is very good. Keep up the good work!!! :-)

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Always call in this bar when in Shrewsbury. Our recent visit Saturday 9th June was somewhat different. When we entered the first thing said to us was not the greeting we had become accustomed to. Although the staff were pleasant we were greeted with "Are you eating?" Hello or Good afternoon would have been far better. Just had one drink and left.

1  Thank patproc