“Not your ‘bro’”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

So me and my partner came here for a meal last night (28/06/18) and we arrived at about 1810, so just as they started to serve food! We were greeted by a lovely lady who told us to find a table and she’d come and take our order! Perfect! We made our way outside as it was a lovely evening.
The tables outside are just awful, they look like they belong in a greasy spoon, not a wedding venue! Not good! A young gentlemen then came to take our order who found it acceptable to call me ‘bro’! No, I’m sorry! I’m a customer, not your bro! So unprofessional and just made me feel like I wanted to leave tbh! I also think that for such a ‘venue’, yeazy trainers is highly unprofessional aswell.
About 40/45 mins went by and we got our food which luckily was beautiful! Really really enjoyed the food! I had the hunters chicken style dish and my partner had the fish and chips!
Overall I think the customer service and the little bits have let you down hugely to the extent I won’t be coming back!
Compliments to the chef though!

3  Thank Jordan R
SeanR2009, General Manager at Four Crosses Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Hi Jordan

Thank you for the review, I have taken all comments on board and have now improved the guest journey and the customer service

I do hope you give us a second chance

Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Having been to this restaurant on many occasions and had no problems, we went for a family meal on a Friday lunch time at 1pm to find the place virtually empty, with only four diners. We thought this was unusual as it had always been busy, but we sat down anyway.
The first thing we noticed was that the salad bar had gone, then that the menu had changed and prices increased. Apparently the place has recently been taken over by new management, which explained the changes.
We were shown to a table,(well we chose a table as there were plenty to choose from!) and waited....
at 1.15 we ordered our drinks. The young waitress knew nothing about beer but my brother ordered the only one that was available. At 1.35 the waitress came back with our drinks, telling my brother that the beer he ordered was no longer available and wouldn’t be for about two days! So, a pub without any beer .... not a good sign! There was no apology, no offer of an alternative, no smile! On asking at the bar what alternative they had to beer, I was told lager! So a cappuccino was ordered, which arrived quite quickly but was barely warm. At 1.40pm, 40 minutes after arriving, our order was taken. By 2pm, one hour after arriving, we still hadn’t got our food. It’s not as if they were busy, so I don’t know what the problem was.
After being told by the manager “but your order didn’t go through until 1.40”, we decided to leave and go elsewhere. To his credit, he didn’t charge us for the three soft drinks and the coffee, but we left feeling fed up and hungry!
I’m not sure what’s gone wrong, as this was a good place for a reasonably priced lunch which seemed to be successful, but if they don’t get their act together quickly (and get some beer in!) they will lose an awful lot of business.
I certainly won’t be going again in a hurry.

1  Thank SuzieB53
SeanR2009, General Manager at Four Crosses Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Hi Suzie,

Thank you for the review and the feedback, I take all feedback on board to be able to develop the business and the team. I am glad that you have been coming with no issues previously and I hope that we do get the chance to prove to you how great if not better we can be.

We are heading in a new direction here at the Four Crosses and its been greatly received by new and old regulars, We removed the salad bar some time ago and this new menu has been in for well over 6 months now, we have daily specials which run along side this menu, we scrapped the buffet as its not the vision we are looking for anymore.

I apologise about the beer, however I will not serve anything that is below standard to my guests and my team have been instructed the same, again I apologise about the cappuccino however a cappuccino is made up of more Foamed Milk than coffee so its not served as hot as lets say a latte would be.

I believe we are still reasonably priced for lunch, our average lunch is around £9.95 and that's for 2 courses, I understand a while ago people frequented the Four Crosses for the unlimited buffet unfortunately this is something that just does not fit the area nor the business.

Our new menu goes live on the 2nd July I do hope you give us another chance to show you how great our food and service is, and you have my word our beer will be tapped racked and ready to go.

Should you wish to discuss this further then please do not hesitate to contact me direct my email is gm@fourcrosses.com

Sean

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Went for a meal with a friend. Excellent and very attentive service, nothing was too much trouble. Had the pate, then the fish and chips. The batter was so light. Gave a choice we could have the skin on or off. My husband hates the skin and so this was good for him not to have to remove the batter then the skin. The chips were homemade. A pea and mint purée was served with this, that was so delicious. A very enjoyable experience.

General Manager... M, General Manager at Four Crosses Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for the 5 Star Review, i am delighted that you found the food and service excellent, i shall pass your comments on the chefs.

I have recently taken over literally 2 days ago so seeing this kind of review has made my day

Myself and the team hope to see you again soon

Sean Ryan

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Had my son's wedding here, even though it was a small affair with under 40 people, the management and staff were courteous and efficient, and looked after everything very well from the start of the day until the end. The food was good and plentiful, the ceremony in the conservatory was lovely, I could not find fault with the service provided. Excellent location and service. 5 Stars.

Hi Adrian

Thank you so much for the 5 star review, i have to agree with you tne day went without a hitch!

I do hope to see you all again soon

Sean Ryan

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in on Saturday for a family meal . Service was great from bar staff to waitress and no complaints about the food at all . Lovely chilled evening . Thanks

General Manager... M, Manager at Four Crosses Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your review, its great to hear that you had a nice night here at the Four Crosses.

Hope to see you in the near future.

Many thanks