“Tasty Sunday lunch and nice ambience in a popular pub”
Review of The Blue Boar

The Blue Boar
Ranked #24 of 92 Restaurants in Ludlow
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Description: We offer a light local and homemade menu in an informal pub surrounding or courtyard garden. We aim to utilise the great local to Ludlow market and ethos to bring venison pies made in our kitchen to local desserts from the market. The menu changes frequently to reflect availability and seasons. So if a light local lunch full of Shropshire flavour is what you seek then we hope we can accommodate.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The roast pork was tasty as was my partner's beef- roasties were yummy. It was on a Sunday on the bank holiday weekend so pretty busy, we just found a table and ordered. Would visit again, it had a nice feel and found was very good - we cleared our plates!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We decided to stop here for lunch while visiting Ludlow for the day.
As we walked in we were hit by a wall of fish smell. Three of us really do not like fish so decided eating was not for us.
We had drinks, which were reasonably priced, and took them outside where the smell was less. Crisps were ok though!!

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I dropped in for lunch today and both ordered the same thing, lamb steaks, mine was fine and quite tasty, however my husband's was very tough and grisly so he left quite a lot. We did tell the waiter who refunded £10.00 off the bill saying that both steaks came from the same butchers

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited Ludlow May Bank Holiday weekend, popped into the ‘Blue Boar’ for a quick pre dinner drink. First impressions, clean comfortable pub, great ambient music, non intrusive!
Bar staff, friendly helpful and knowledgable. My partner settled for a ‘Spit Roast Pineapple’ Gin with Fever Tree Mediterranean tonic, I had the Razor Back ale. All served with bonhomie!
So we looked at the menu..... looked good, staple pub grub....my partner had the Lamb with Garlic potatoes and I had Gammon with free range eggs and ham cut chips.
Quality of food, Excellent, pub grub served with class and extremely well cooked, could not fault.......folks it is pub grub but restaurant quality. Condiments served in ramekins, not those awful plastic sachets
Beer was good, Gin was.......we need some of this at home!!!!
Enjoy.

2  Thank SteveThomas61
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely evening. Great food and good beer/wine. Friendly atmosphere and dog friendly. There are many good pubs in Ludlow and this is one of the best. Will definitely visit again.

1  Thank Ben C