Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$91
View deal
Expedia
Agoda.com
FindHotel
1,466 results
All reviews holiday inn old railway railway hotel city centre lovely old building lovely hotel plenty of parking afternoon tea christmas party room was large reception staff car park buffet style saturday night one night stay lovely room night's sleep
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

Lovely hotel, big comfortable room, quiet, great sleep, lovely breakfast, great staff, big tub, lovely victorian lobby area, clean hotel, ample parking, stayed here for a night but will be returning. Highly recommend this hotel value for money

Trip type: Travelled with family
Emma Hacking, Revenue Management at Crowne Plaza Royal Victoria Sheffield, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Gareth M,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay, I am delighted to read that you had a comfortable stay and a great nights sleep.

Reviewed 10 September 2021

My self and my other half stayed here from Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th September. I was checked in and checked out by Alex . If only he could be cloned, he was welcoming from start to finish and a delight to chat to and a wealth of knowledge.

We had a junior suite which was clean, nicely furnished and spacious. I had a 90 minute massage with Natalie downstairs at Knotts which is based in the leisure club. Definitely worth every penny and such a lovely women, would definitely recommend a trip to see her even if you aren't staying in the hotel.

We had a drink in the hotel bar on both evenings and we were served by Adam on both nights who was really attentive and made us feel welcome as well as keeping us entertained!

The other two gentlemen to mention were the guys in the restaurant for breakfast, again really attentive and nothing was too much trouble and so friendly.

I don't think I have stayed in a branded hotel where you still feel as if you are in a family run business.

I have singled out certain people above because they really were exceptional but I have to say that all the staff we encountered were, everyone you came across smiled and asked if you were having a nice stay.

Would definitely recommend the hotel and Natalie, we will certainly be returning.

Room tip: We were in room 303 which was on a different side of the hotel to where the function room is so it was very quiet.

Dear LadyB76,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay, I am delighted to read that you had a relaxing stay and felt like party of family. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team especially Alex and Adam.

Reviewed 10 September 2021

Myself and my hubby had a short break here Crowne Plaza Victoria Sheffield, to celebrate our Silver Wedding anniversary.
Check in was super efficient by a lovely lady named Yana, very welcoming and professional. The room we was given was room 234 Junior suite. The room was lovely but was definitely not a junior suite as shown on booking.com. We raised our concern with reception, spoke to James, who listened to our concerns. James alerted the duty manager straight away, with our query.
Duty manager was so welcoming, apologies I can't remember his name. The issue was dealt with immediately and we were given another room. We were told the issue is with booking.com, that they are not representing the rooms realistically. We were given room 204 Junior Suite, which was more or less a true representation of the room we was expecting, it was so lovely and cosy, perfect for our anniversary.
James on reception, is so professional in his role and has an excellent and warm attitude, by way of apology and being our Silver anniversary, he gave us complimentary drinks vouchers. All staff really went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Thank you Crowne Plaza Victoria.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Emma Hacking, Revenue Management at Crowne Plaza Royal Victoria Sheffield, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2021

Dear POPPY07091996,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay, I am delighted to read that you received had a great stay for your a Silver Wedding Anniversary and I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team especially Yana and James.
The Junior Suites in the Hotel all have the same facilities however the layouts do vary slightly as each room is a different shape.

Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

Very good stay. My room was a slightly odd shape but very comfortable. Modern bathroom with a big tub and separate shower.
I am a Spire Elite member and travel a lot so stay in many IHG hotels (and other brands). I have never had such an intelligent conversation at check-in and check-out! It wasn't busy when I checked in and I had a ten minute exchange about Engels and the economic history of Sheffield and Manchester. Alex is special.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Emma Hacking, Revenue Management at Crowne Plaza Royal Victoria Sheffield, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2021

Dear John_Conakry,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay, I am delighted to read that you received had a great stay and I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team especially Alex.

Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay very much. Arrived early but the room was not ready. Reception was professional and patient and explained the situation and offered us a drink voucher. Stayed in the spacious 1862 suite which still has the original Victorian features. There is an actual very good-sized dinner room! Food was absolutely the highlight of our stay - had dinner at the hotel on both nights. Good range of menu options and the taste of our food was just beyond our expectation for the price. Would definitely come back to visit again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank EverlastingSong

Dear EverlastingSong,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay, I am delighted to read that you received had a great stay in 1862 and enjoyed dinner and I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team.