The Roseate Reading
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
Hilton Reading(Reading)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsforbury hotelsound systemcerise restaurantmolton brown toiletriesbang and olufsenthe penthousebeautiful hotelcocktail barcd playercopper bathprivate cinematwo bedroom apartmentunderfloor heatingforbury gardensbreakfast in bedboutique hotelthe main hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in one of the deluxe suites and were very impressed with he welcome, decor and style of the hotel. As soon as we checked in, chilled music was playing on the Bang & Olufsen and a real gas fire warming the room on a cold day in April. The room was lounge was superb along with the room and huge bathroom which had both a large shower and deep bath%. A nespresso machine in the room along with a well stocked drinks cupboard! The restaurant staff were very attentive and quick at serving. The food was amazing and the cannelloni desert (sounds odd I know) was incredible and well worth a try!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Vicky P, General Manager at The Roseate Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Stuart P,

Thank you for taking time to write such a lovely review and I am delighted to know that you enjoy your stay with us in terms of the décor and the room facilities including the music playing on the Bang & Olufsen. I am glad to know that you loved the meal at the restaurant especially the cannelloni dessert. I will pass your kind comments to our chef and the rest of the team.
Please feel free to book with us directly for the lowest rate guaranteed when you are planning to visit us next time.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Stayed for 3 nights and the room was very nice, large bathroom and very comfy bed. I only drop a star as I arrived 3 hours before check in and was told I had to pay 40 pound if I wanted to check in early, the room is either ready or it isn't !, so charging 40 pound is just weird. I have travelled all over and not had this before and I just found it strange especially as I had just stayed in London and arrived much earlier and they let me go straight to the room. I ate at the restaurant and had the chicken burger, it was ok at best. Best part of the trip was the room though it was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Vicky P, General Manager at The Roseate Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Paul T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at The Roseate Reading. We are more than happy to accommodate our guest requests for an early check-in or late checkout, but we do charge a fee for this service.

On the other hand, I am pleased to know that you find the room nice and comfortable, and overall excellent. I hope that this will not deter you to stay with us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

My partner and I stayed here for a night on a dinner, bed and breakfast rate. The rooms here are really well decorated, clean and spacious. The dinner and breakfast were delicious - great food which was well presented. The cocktails were also great - it was fascinating watching them being made with such passion and knowledge. I really cannot fault this place and would definitely like to stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Kelly S,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the hotel and you find our breakfast and dinner delicious. I will definitely share your kind comments with team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We used to come to the hotel frequently and had a bad experience on our last visit. The Manager was kind enough to invite us back and so we stayed again this weekend.

I’m so pleased to say the hotel is back to its best! It’s one of our faves so it’s great to see the effort that’s been put into the Hotel.

The front staff were great, really attentive and helpful and the room was gorgeous.

We ate in the restaurant and it was so good! We love the bar there (especially the whisky cabinet!) and the food was first class.

We’ll definitely be back!

1  Thank willow3006
Vicky P, General Manager at The Roseate Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear willow3006,

Thank you for your lovely review on your recent stay at The Roseate Reading. I am pleased that you gave us another chance to prove ourselves again and grateful to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your kind comments with the team, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a weekend. The room decir elegant without striving to overwhelm, smartly styled lighting and stereo, but no USB ports to be found. The hotel accommodated with a loan of wall plug and voltage adapter For our US electronics. Bed very comfortable (on the soft side), and bathroom very well acquitted. Restaurant breakfast menu delivered very nicely on our order of Eggs Royal and Eggs Benedict. The bar area has stylish cozy spots for small group chat. In a chilly and rainy early April, rooms were a bit too warm , but with window cracked open, the problem was solved.

We enjoyed, thoroughly, and would return.

Dear Ronald G,

Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review. I am delighted that you feel comfortable and appreciate the stylish elegant décor of your room as well as the room service breakfast. I will pass your kind comments to the team. We look forward in welcoming you back soon.