6 people are viewing this hotel
US$226
Free cancellation until 14/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$239
Agoda.com
US$149
Free cancellation until 12/10/22
Hotels.comUS$229
ExpediaUS$229
ZenHotels.comUS$294
All reviews morse bar drawing room alice in wonderland beautiful hotel ashmolean museum inspector morse valet parking front of house wonderful stay room was clean and comfortable oxford city central location visiting oxford abbie concierge wallpaper furnishings
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2022 via mobile

We stayed for several days and enjoyed the Randolph immensely. The location is perfect to explore the city. The front desk helped us coordinate transportation if needed - out to Blenheim - an the doormen were knowledgeable about commute times etc. We had an issue with taxi charges that required manager intervention; G took great care of us and solved it quickly. I am thankful for his help.

Room tip: This is a beautiful historic building which has all the quirks of such a place; the floors can be uneven.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Philip Lewis, General Manager at The Randolph Hotel, by Graduate Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2022

Dear guest, thank you so much for this terrific review. I really appreciate the time you have taken to write about your experience. This means a lot to me and my team and spurs us on to do even better next time. Thanks for the recommendation. Best regards.

Reviewed 19 May 2022

Unmanned reception led to uncomfortable 5 minute wait to checkin. Checkout is 11am but we were disturbed by cleaning staff much earlier than this asking when we were checking out. Not good enough to have rest disturbed. Breakfast is poor, limited hot and cold choices with little left at 9am. Have had better at budget hotels. On the positive the room was pleasant and the staff friendly, if service a little slow. Not worth the £409 we paid a night. Not a luxury hotel but above average.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. I appreciate the balanced details and loved hearing about how the team are performing. My sincere apologies for the areas that let us down and I will ensure that these shortcomings are addressed. If I can be of any further assistance or can help with a future booking please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 19 May 2022

We contacted the hotel and inquired what offer they could make for a long-term stay as our daughter need to stay in Oxford for some weeks to complete her studies. It took six calls through ever-waiting on call center staff and a series of mails until, with some arm twisting, we got their offer in writing.

Everything went smoothly at check in and our room on the 3rd floor had a lovely view on the Ashmolian museum. The room (Deluxe Superior king bed) however, has a small wardrobe with double door, one side for hanging clothes, on the other side 3 shelves. Needless to say that we could not unpack all luggage and left two suitcases on the folding stands. The bathroom was fine.

Breakfast turned out as many of the negative comments on this site describe. Long wait, inexperienced staff, wrong food served etc. - a new Food and Beverage Manager seems to have started later on during our stay and the offer at buffet improved significantly. What was apparent was lack of leadership in combination with very inexperienced staff. The other part seemed to be poor coordination between kitchen and waiters. If the hotel is interested in more details they can contact me. In the meantime I learned from my daughter that breakfast has changed to buffet style.

After three days I fell ill with a cold (no covid). After my coughing became worse, we went to the front desk and asked about a doctor (it was a Saturday) just to be told to call 111 or go to Boots because the hotel did not have a doctor available. At the end we did not do anything and luckily, my health improved gradually.
But then our daughter got sick. She did not join me at breakfast any longer and - after having had breakfast together with me for 6 days she had to stay in bed. None of the staff inquired about the whereabouts of my daughter, i.e. showed any interest at all why I was coming to breakfast alone.
Unfortunately, after three days, she tested positive for covid and needed to stay in bed because she was of very poor health.

Carmen, head of housekeeping, and her team did a fantastic job – very much appreciated! - bringing new towels, water etc. to the room door and me handing out garbage, used towels etc. because - logically - housekeeping should not enter a guest room when there is a guest infected with covid. Carmen inquired on a daily basis on a personal or whats-app basis regarding our daughters’ health, she even brought paracetamol and was very, very caring, worth a million!

Interestingly enough, the person who ultimately gave us the reservation offer, who was stating to be looking so much forward to meeting me and our daughter and to making our stay an unforgettable experience, never even contacted us, let alone inquired about the health of our daughter. In fact, nobody, except for Carmen and her team seemed to have any notion of our staying in the hotel.

Once my departure was getting closer, I took contact with Gaurav Varma, Front of House Manager, who was very caring and understanding when I mentioned that our daughter could not stay alone in the UK as she was still in very poor health.

Thank you Carmen and Gaurav for your very kind help and your inquiries after our return home!

Date of stay: March 2022

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I note your comments about the service and quality and agree that we have some work to do to get the service where it needs to be. The well documented challenges the industry is facing with recruitment have not passed us by, but I don’t want to use this as an excuse and with the right training the team members we do have can perform to a higher standard. I appreciate you mentioning the housekeeping department who all work very hard to delivery the required service.

Reviewed 16 May 2022

A beautiful hotel that is as much a part of Oxfords history as its University and colleges. It is perfectly located near all the city sights and close to where many walking tours start. The rooms, breakfast and overall facilities are excellent. This is an historic building so do not expect lots of chrome, glitz and glass, instead it is refined, quiet and understated class as befits its history. The staff are professional, attentive and very friendly. We had a fabulous stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Philip Lewis, General Manager at The Randolph Hotel, by Graduate Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2022

I was delighted to read your review, thank you so much for your kind comments. Reviews like yours really give the team a lift. Thanks so much again for your time and please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2022 via mobile

We popped into the hotel after a two hour walking tour and were refreshed by the excellent tea and scones, and warm friendly service from the staff.

The hotel has beautifully decorated premises and we would love to stay here if we get a chance too.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. I was delighted to read of your experience and was pleased to hear that my team were able to deliver warm and sincere hospitality, the head chef Chris was especially pleased you enjoyed the scones. We make these fresh every morning. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards,