Lowest prices for your stay
US$226
Free cancellation until 14/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia
Free cancellation until 12/10/22
Hotels.comUS$229
ZenHotels.comUS$294
eDreamsUS$226
All reviews morse bar drawing room alice in wonderland beautiful hotel ashmolean museum inspector morse valet parking front of house wonderful stay room was clean and comfortable oxford city central location visiting oxford abbie concierge wallpaper furnishings
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2022

A beautiful hotel that is as much a part of Oxfords history as its University and colleges. It is perfectly located near all the city sights and close to where many walking tours start. The rooms, breakfast and overall facilities are excellent. This is an historic building so do not expect lots of chrome, glitz and glass, instead it is refined, quiet and understated class as befits its history. The staff are professional, attentive and very friendly. We had a fabulous stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Philip Lewis, General Manager at The Randolph Hotel, by Graduate Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2022

I was delighted to read your review, thank you so much for your kind comments. Reviews like yours really give the team a lift. Thanks so much again for your time and please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2022 via mobile

We popped into the hotel after a two hour walking tour and were refreshed by the excellent tea and scones, and warm friendly service from the staff.

The hotel has beautifully decorated premises and we would love to stay here if we get a chance too.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. I was delighted to read of your experience and was pleased to hear that my team were able to deliver warm and sincere hospitality, the head chef Chris was especially pleased you enjoyed the scones. We make these fresh every morning. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2022

We spent a few days in Oxford after our wedding which was unfortunately soured due to our experience at the Randolph hotel.
Initially we were given a room with an adjoining door where every word from the couple next door could be heard, When we requested a room without an adjoining door we were given a downgraded room (initial room had a shower and bath and the new room had no bath). When prompted by the hotel staff for feedback at dinner we expressed our disappointment with the room situation. We were then promised an upgraded room for our second night and told to pick up the card from reception.
Due to poor communication between the staff reception had no idea what was going on when we went to pick up the card to the new room. We were then told there was no upgraded room for us and shown to an alternative room which was exactly the same as the room we were already in and so we stayed put.
We had pre paid for breakfast for our stay which in hindsight was a huge mistake. The quality of the breakfast overall was terrible. We tried the hot buffet on the first day which was very poor. Due to this we tried the cooked option the next day hoping it would be better unfortunately it was somehow even worse. We only had 1-2 bites and left the hotel and had breakfast elsewhere.

Date of stay: May 2022

Many thanks for bringing these points to my attention, without emails such as yours we are unable to make necessary changes and improvements. I’m deeply sorry that your hotel experience did not live up to expectations and the team and I are sorry we let you down. I have raised your concerns regarding breakfast with the food and beverage manager and together we will work hard to improve the offering. We certainly have had our fair share of challenges as we open this beautiful old hotel, but I am pleased to say that with each passing week we are seeing some improvements. I hope these isolated incidents don’t prevent you from returning.

Reviewed 12 May 2022

I reserved one night and would stay again if in Oxford. It's a lovely hotel and very conveniently located. The staff is friendly and helpful and honest. I left a jewelry purse and it was found and handed in as lost. The hotel tried to contact me by email, but I did not see the email until after I realized (a few days later) that I must have left it in my room when I was packing. My guide was able to pick it up for me thru the tour company representative and get it to me. It warms the heart to know there are honest people who serve the public.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest, thank you so much for this terrific review. I really appreciate the time you have taken to write about your experience. This means a lot to me and my team and spurs us on to do even better next time. I was especially pleased to read about the teams honest and integrity. Thanks for the recommendation. Best regards.

Reviewed 11 May 2022 via mobile

We stayed at the Randolph again as we can’t imagine staying anywhere else in Oxford - it’s a beautiful hotel in a perfect location to explore Oxford, with many of the sights only a few minutes walk away. Most of all is the consistently brilliant staff, always a warm friendly welcome, they will do their utmost to ensure your stay is a great experience. It’s the best service we have experienced anywhere.

Room tip: Make the most of the great location, the Morse bar in the hotel is lovely as is the Alice restaurant, the hotel has bikes to hire too.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Philip Lewis, General Manager at The Randolph Hotel, by Graduate Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2022

Dear guest, thank you so much for this terrific review. I really appreciate the time you have taken to write about your experience and in particular your comments about the staff. This means a lot to me and my team and spurs us on to do even better next time. Thanks for the recommendation. Best regards.