“Agree with others”

Cafe Lendal
Get food delivered
Ranked #681 of 911 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Description: Cafe Lendal serves quality coffee and delicious, locally made sweet treats
Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Thought I'd help out a local business, rather than a national. But prices and size of cup WOW!. Wish I'd gone down the Costa route. Rip off. £3.50 for a cake lol
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed 26 November 2020

Really nice coffee and always friendly service, especially from Izzy! They have a wide selection of drinks and snacks for a competitive price compared to the big chains. I'd much rather go here than to a Starbucks, as it has a much more cosy feel.

1  Thank RHebron98
Reviewed 11 November 2020 via mobile

During lockdown 2 we went for a takeaway coffee. I’m a York resident so I’m used to certain ‘price hikes’. However like one of the other reviewers for this place I was almost ashamed by their prices. We spent £8 on a coffee, a hot chocolate and a very small fairly tasteless biscuit thing. Obviously people are trying to make a way through all of this pandemic malarkey but this was horrendous. Over priced and unashamedly ripping off customers! We went past again this evening and nowhere else was open. Desperate though we were for a Coffee we decided we’d rather do without. I suggest you look elsewhere!!

Reviewed 8 November 2020

We chose to try this place instead of Spring next door for a change. Unfortunately really disappointed - we paid nearly £12 for two hot chocolates and a square of gluten-free brownie. The hot chocolate was really poor, esp. non-dairy - I could barely taste whatever powder they had used. The gluten-free brownie was rock-hard and practically inedible (is hard to write this as it is really unfortunate) so we couldn’t finish it. Hopefully this is just teething issues!

Reviewed 23 October 2020

Great coffee and good selection of homemade baguettes and cakes.

Perfect location and friendly staff.

Highly recommend x