“Lovely ”
Review of Bbar

Bbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #688 of 25,017 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$16 - US$79
Cuisines: African, European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

It’s the end of our trip and time for something besides pasties and haggis! The ambiance was nice, the service was good and the best Cesar salad I have had on the entire trip. My steak was good, the fries (or chips as they call them) were hot and crispy, my husband had the sea bass and he loved it. A bit on the pricey side, but the you’re in London, what else would you expect.

Ian P, General Manager at Bbar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the food & your time visiting us while you were in London. Nice to hear that you found our Ceasar Salad to be the best. I will certainly pass your comments onto our Head Chef. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We had a late lunch here after visiting things at Buckingham Palace. It has a great location opposite the Royal Mews and a good menu. We wanted a small snack before a big dinner, and a chance to sit and cool down. They delivered well.

Ian P, General Manager at Bbar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hi Joe. Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit & we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Wow, we didn't stop here until about the end of our vacation, and what a gem. We stayed in the neighborhood, and finally stopped for dinner. It was our favorite of the week! Great selection of food. Everyone in the family enjoyed their meal. The entire dining experience was so relaxing.

Ian P, General Manager at Bbar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us & over the moon to hear we were your favourite restaurant of the week!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Service here is a tad slow (at least if you choose to sit outdoors on the Cigar Terrace) but that's okay, because this is the sort of place to go if you're seeking a savoury and relaxing lunch (and stogie smoke) as opposed to being in a rush.

The aforementioned Cigar Terrace caught my eye, and I didn't regret my choice in the least. Friendly service by Gabi and Rocio (as well as several nice folks from Hungary whose names I regrettably forget at the moment). The Bea's Chicken Noodle Soup and Biltong are delicious starters, especially when accompanied by Rooibos Tea. African Burger (w/wild boar, venison, and quail's egg) is amazing. The Honeycomb Ice Cream is as heavenly-tasting as it is unique in its namesake ingredient. And the cigar selection is quite good.

Thanks so much/Spasibo/Grácias/Köszönöm! I hope to bring my girlfriend here for my return trip to London this coming September!

Ian P, General Manager at Bbar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We’re are glad to hear that you enjoyed the food & the service. And also our cigar terrace! I will ensure your comments are passed onto Gabi & Rocio. We look forward to seeing you when you are back in London.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Dropped in while England Played at World Cup, they won. The menu was interesting, I recommend the Meat balls and mac & Cheeze balls. I know but it was good.

Ian P, General Manager at Bbar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hi Derek. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed the food & enjoyed watching the game with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.