“Good "West End" Italian with a Neighbourood feel.”

Cafe Murano - Covent Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Murano - Covent Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,314 of 25,578 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$25 - US$57
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: A Northern Italian restaurant from Angela Hartnett. The restaurants are relaxed and inviting and intended that you can drop in and eat every day. The kitchen takes a simple but uncompromising approach to Italian cooking and we print the menu daily. The wine list is 100% Italian and we focus on the best artisan growers from across the country. Cocktails too are resolutely authentic and Italian in their approach.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

A subtle side street location in the heart of Covent Garden's theatreland. Very genuine, friendly service with staff who seem to enjoy working there. Saltcod Fritters to die for, fresh flavoursome squid, delicate Tortelli with silky filling, good quality lamb with cous cous & superb chicken Milanese. All in all a really lovely meal (finished with a dream Lemon Tart with vanilla icecream) Yumm!! Left with a warm Italian enfused glow! Thanks guys

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I called by without a reservation on a sunny popular evening for an early dinner but the greeting from all staff as I was escorted to seat at the bar was friendly and welcoming. Throughout my dinner this was the lasting impression - professional and welcoming staff.

My order was quickly taken and I enjoyed two of my favourite dishes both cooked to perfection: rabbit casserole cooked in sous vide and I asked for one of the regular starters, crispy battered courgette flowers. The latter were large, generous and with the crispest of batter but also the most perfectly al dente baby courgette from which the large flower sprouted.

This was a dinner without blemish. I loved it.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

There were three of us for a business lunch in this sizeable but discrete eatery. I was not the host on this occasion. Convenient location for business and theatre goers.
Friendly door welcome and efficient table allocation.
We were working and focussed - so the efficient and attentive service was very much appreciated.
Water delivered straight away and it was refreshed throughout our stay - we didn’t take wine.
The menu is modern European and had some good fish - my colleague can be picky and he had the silver mullet and raved about; our host had a pork chop which appeared juicy and nicely pink; I had grilled mackerel - the whole fish in one - and it was fabulous, soft moist flesh, tasty and presented with shredded vegetables and pasta elements. We all shared zucchini fritti shredded fine and some small new Jersey potatoes.
Top food with green tea to follow and efficient exit.
Highly recommended and good value - will go again.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is in the centre of theatre-land so it is probably more suited to pre-theatre and after theatre dining.

A small restaurant, which spreads far back. But oh so dreary. It is all decorated in dark wood. Wood walls, wood ceiling and old fashioned wall lights.
Wooden topped and marble topped tables. Some circular tables which are really comfortable to sit at.
Excellent staff, who are friendly and helpful and efficient. The menu is small but we struggled to find any dishes we liked and although the food was well cooked it was all dull. By 21.30 the restaurant was half empty.
Disappointing.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This is a standard Italian place but is in central location for Opera House and nearby theatres and does take late bookings. However i was very irritated to have made an online booking and have it confirmed to then be phoned by the restaurant at a time of their convenience to confirm I was coming. If I had wanted to make a telephone booking i would have done so. There are plenty of other places just as good where one can book without this hastle eg try Fumo.

2  Thank Scottish-Veggie