“Long wait for food, uninteresting food and poor service”
Review of Pasha

Pasha
Ranked #1,228 of 25,458 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pasha presents a sophisticated take on traditional and contemporary Turkish cuisine, in a smart setting on Islington's main high street. Open since 1992, this top quality Turkish restaurant in London has established a popular reputation for fantastic food, excellent service and a relaxing atmosphere. The understated decor, with elegant murals and flickering candles, creates a mellow, spacious ambience within Pasha in Islington. Meanwhile, the classic and the modern are combined in a rich menu of fresh, well-executed dishes. Inspired by the most tantalising recipes of the East, Pasha's menus offer a range of mezze and a selection of main courses such as Duck Kapama, Falafel and the Pasha Feast set menu, perfect for two and adaptable for vegetarians. There is also an extensive range of fine wines to accompany your meal at Pasha restaurant, as well as a choice of refreshing cocktails. Applauded by both the press and Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, who considers Pasha in London to be his favourite local restaurant, this atmospheric and friendly venue is a true Turkish delight.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

From the other reviews I think we may have not received the best service that Pasha has to offer. There were 8 of us meeting for a friend's birthday with a number of vegetarian's among us. When we visited it wasn't particularly busy and we were sat down and our order taken. My girlfriend and I decided to have multiple mezze dishes instead of a main each. It took a while for the waiter to understand what it was that we wanted. We had arrived at about 7:15. Food didn't start arriving for at least an hour. There was a table next to us who were clearly experiencing the same thing but there was no communication to say "sorry for the wait" just a lot of waiters walking around looking busy but no actual food coming out of the kitchen. Eventually our food arrived but well after it should have done. I have been to a few Turkish restaurants in London and I always look forward to the little extras like the side salads and hummus etc. I wish I could say that this was the case but the hummus was really uninteresting and bland and the falafel didn't have any flavour either. I really didn't feel like we were being looked after. As I say, a lot of the reviews on here are positive but it seems there are others who had a similar experience so I guess we just caught them on a night when they couldn't be bothered. My friend whose birthday it was was clearly a bit put out by the whole thing so I felt bad for her as well. There are so many good restaurants in this part of London and for what you pay, it might be a bit of gamble when you could get much better food and service elsewhere.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We were in this part of town for a gig (P.F.M) at the 02 Academy. Gone are the days when we got seriously poo-faced before a gig.These days we prefer a meal beforehand.
In spite of P.F.M. being an Italian band, Mrs.Electric chose for us to eat Turkish.

An excellent choice! We loved the decor, the ambience, the staff and of course, the food .
I have to confess that I like the Turkish people.I like their friendliness, warmth and humour. And our waiter was all of these things. We ordered a set three course meal each. And yes, we chose the largest of the ones available. It was excellent. We have been to Turkey around ten or eleven times but not for a while. Pasha reminded us of how delightful Turkish cuisine really is.

Oh, and a couple of bottles of Efes beer. Each. Perfect! Well done Gentlemen.

1  Thank Electricwarrior
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Delicious food and great service.
We had chicken and lamb kebabs followed by strawberries.
Excellent meal!

1  Thank Stevehardie50
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Family decided to treat me to lunch at Pasha’s this week, my first visit, but not for the family, who have been here many, many times.

The first thing I noticed was the welcome from staff, very warm and friendly, with a genuine smile too

We were lucky, as we were able to choose our seats, because we had arrived quite early and we were seated at the back where the sun was beaming in, perfect.

I went for the steak option and I am always critical about how I like my steaks, medium and it was exactly that. The chips too, were just right, cooked, with a crispy coating My wife had the chicken and she thoroughly enjoyed hers too.

All the time, the staff were very attentive and very engaging, which does make a change from some restaurants we have visited.

We shared our pudding, which was just right, see pics. All in all, a very pleasant lunch and yes, would we go again, of course, without any hesitation.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

These guys care so much about their food and their customers. We took advantage of the 50% off food Monday deal. Honestly the prices without that are so so reasonable for the quality of the food.
The restaurant is clean and well decorated, the toilets clean and well maintained.
Our food came in good time and we were told to take our time and enjoy it all. The guys explained how side dishes and sauces complemented flavours of our various dishes.
The mains were enough to fill us up but not over fill us. Will try desserts on our next visit.
When presented with the bill the guys explained all the charges with the promotional offer. 2 meals for £25 and excellent service. Wonderful highly recommend. We'll definitely be back.