“Great Sea Food”
Review of J Sheekey

J Sheekey
Reserve with OpenTable
J Sheekey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #793 of 25,298 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$39 - US$65
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: In the heart of Covent Garden, J Sheekey is a fish and seafood restaurant offering the finest fish, oysters, shellfish and other fruits de mer. Discreetly tucked away on St Martin's Court between Charing Cross Road and St Martin's Lane, J Sheekey is a stone's throw from many of the West End's theatres, the cinemas of Leicester Square and vibrant quarters of Covent Garden and Soho. The Royal Opera House and Coliseum, Palace Theatre, Donmar Warehouse, Wyndham's, Duke of York and Noel Coward Theatres are close by, making the restaurant perfect for pre and post theatre dining. All fish is responsibly caught from sustainable sources.
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Very well located in Covent Garden, in the midway between Leicester Square and Convent Plaza, this Italian sea-food restaurant is one of the best options in the region. Nice service, very kind staff, great food. I tried the smoked eel salad and the John Dory fish as the main course, both very well served and with a great taste. My friends tried the Bisque, also very good. All sided by a good and chilled New Zealander Sauvignon Blanc.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,774)

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I have wondered past J Sheekey several times while pottering through London and have always been intrigued. This restaurant has a great reputation and it certainly lived up to it. One Wednesday evening in April I ended up here by chance, another restaurant had such poor service we left and were lucky enough to get a table at this amazing fish restaurant.
We didn’t have a booking, but arrived just after 1800, so managed to avoid the pre theatre rush! We were greeted by friendly staff and our waiter was incredibly attentive, funny and knowledgable about the menu.
This is a cosy restaurant with beautiful decor and great service. I had the smoked salmon to start- a generous portion of fish cut to perfection was served on crisp white plates. Myself and my boyfriend had a glass of blush champagne which went very well with the delicate flavours of the food.
The menu is simple, with several options to pick from but the most important thing here is- simple and perfect.
For mains I had the cod fillet with chorizo and tomato sauce- yummy yummy yummy! My boyfriend had the fish curry which also tasted heavenly.
This place is so glamorous, in an old Hollywood kind of way. A relaxing and enjoyable meal was had all round.
We opted for the salted caramel and passion fruit truffles for pudding and I had a fresh mint tea. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. If you are treating a loved one or celebrating a special occasion- book here! If you love fish and seafood, this is for you.
Enjoy!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

"We have a very special deal on a lovely rose," said the waiter, "Whispering Angel."

Now we know and like Whispering Angel, so we ordered a bottle. And then a second. Usually 15 quid or so. We weren't too frightened that he didn't actually tell us the price.

The special deal... £67 a bottle.

The food (pretty good) simply cannot make up for that. It's basically cheating. Won't be going back

1  Thank Almcg
Reviewed 29 April 2018

We were unable to get a table in the restaurant but we thoroughly enjoyed eating at the bar and would opt for this in future.
Superb selection of fish dishes and wines to choose from.

Generous servings of food making this a very reasonably priced meal.

The staff (especially our barman who will have been at Sheeky's for a year in May) were all very friendly and made us feel very welcome and added to my wife's birthday weekend, Many Thanks.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I had walked past this restaurant hundreds of times and not given it a second glance, oh how wrong was I. I booked a lunch with a friend and was not disappointed. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the service was great and the food was probably the best fish I have had in London. To top it all was desert, the waiter recommended the Fish Bowl and it is up there with one of the best deserts I have had, light refreshing and extremely tasty.

Been to J Sheekey? Share your experiences!