Review Highlights
Not very inclusive

We visited as a group of friends and their kids. We have been in previous years too where there... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
meljw98
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
So So Ice Skating

MattyPreston
London, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around London
from US$54.16
from US$22.67
from US$46.47
from US$37.66
More Info
All reviews skate hire skates boating session christmassy tickets cloakroom shoes capes stewards
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A fantastic setting from an ice rink, however, the lack of organisation to pick up and return ice skates is ridiculous and potentially a health hazard.

Far too many people in a confined space, some barefoot, some walking around with ice skates on was an accident waiting to happen. The same when returning skates and there was no organisation as to queuing to return skates.

Getting on the ice at the start of the session was a free for all, probably wasted a good 5 minutes of the session waiting for people to tip toe onto the ice.

Another ice rink charging sky high prices for a 45 minute session.

As my teacher always said... could do better.

1  Thank MattyPreston
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic location for a December skate, the setting is lovely and the rink is a good size.
Could have been a 5 star review but have taken 2 stars off;
1. The rink was soaking wet, so glad I didn't fall over as I would have been soaked. There was a few mm of water over the whole rink so felt like skating through water.
2. Skating aids were only available for under 6s. I specifically booked this location as they stated under 8s on their website and I knew my 7 year old would not go on without one. We got there early and waited patiently to ensure we got one to then be told they were only giving to under 6s. Disapointing when I had specifically checked their rules.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My 8 year old loved it. Only three stars because the ice was VERY puddly - it was a mild day and it had obviously melted.

There were a small number of skate aids. They rightly prioritised giving these to children under 6. We didn’t manage to get one, which resulted in very wet trousers from my 8 year old falling over several times. He wasn’t too bothered, but I would recommend a change of clothes / waterproof salopettes.

Date of experience: January 2023
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The setting is beautiful. However, the staff are not very friendly and there is a very long queue to get your shoes back after skating. A few more staff could make this less of a wait - we spent as long queuing to get our shoes back if not longer, as we did skating.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Overcrowded and officious, unhelpful staff. Really siappointed by our experience. Simply too many people on the ice and the unhelpful, unfriendly staff made it an experience we soon want to forget.