“Perfect for Private Parties”

Walker's Quay Canal Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Jenny Wren is an open-sided canal narrow boat, decorated in the traditional style.We run regular sightseeing trips daily along the Regents Canal from Walkers Quay between March and November. We are the only trip boat to go through the Lock at Camden and our knowledgeable crew provide you with a live commentary during the cruise. The boat can be hired for private self-catered functions.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We recently hired the ‘My Fair Lady’ for a 90 minute private canal boat trip. The team were very accommodating and we brought along buffet food and party games. It was lovely to travel through the centre of Camden and interact with the scores of individuals out in the brilliant sunshine and on the other boats. Well worth considering for something a bit different - especially if the weathers nice!

All reviews
"route"
"knowledge"
"sights"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I ​managed to secure a seat on my Fair Lady for their ​recent ​Father's Day lunch cruise and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. It's probably the most relaxing cruise that one can do in Camden and the menu was absolutely superb.

Being a vegetarian I had the garlic ciabatta with mushroom sauteed in white wine, followed by the asparagus risotto and strawberries & cream with basil sauce to finish. I could not have asked for anything more delicious. I've got quite a fussy French palate but this was Cordon Bleu cuisine for all 3 dishes and, surprisingly, the basil totally worked with the strawberries - honest ! There was also salmon with raspberry sauce that people were complimenting on... It just made a refreshing change from your ​traditional Sunday roast menu and the view was truly lovely on a nice summer day... Let's face it, few things in life are more relaxing than being in or around water... except maybe enjoying a good meal out, so this cruise ​was a very pleasant combination :)

​The boat was very spacious and could accommodate everybody quite comfortably. The decor was simple but very quaint, with fresh flowers on every table. There was also an impressive choice of wine and other drinks on offer and the waitresses were very efficient and pleasant. They can get by in several languages between them, which is probably an additional asset considering the number of tourists who visit Camden weekly.

I understand it's the only cruise that will take you through the lock, which is fun and seems surreal (I've never managed to get my head around the ingenuity of locks for starters and I'm still none the wiser but it was pretty cool, I have to say) and the kids love this bit in particular.

The most impressive thing I found (being far from a Cordon Bleu myself !) was how fast the Chef could produce all these amazing meals in such a compact space and in such a short amount of time, without having a crystal ball to know in advance what people will order ! The logistics involved seemed nothing short of miraculous. Yet, he pulled off this feat with all the dishes being beautifully presented and hot when they reached our tables. This was a real jaw-dropping moment for me.

I​'d ​​happily recommend their lunch cruises to anyone who is thinking of something different for a special occasion - or not... because let's face it: Life's way too short to save such treats for special occasions only​ :)​

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A lovely way to spend an hour and a half, we took the tour from Camden, up the lock through the canal to little venice and return.

The pace was relaxed and the route lovely and scenic, with entertaining commentary on the trip to little venice. The return trip is commentary free to allow you to take it in an revisit or snap some pictures of the things you learnt about along the way.

Highly recommended - We really enjoyed the fact the tour took us up and down a working lock!

Reviewed 31 May 2018

We heard about the Jenny Wren canal cruise from a tour book. It sounded like a wonderfully relaxing way to take in the sights after days of walking around London. We didn't know anything about Camden Town, the historic Regent's Canal, Camden Lock, or Walker's Quay. We just knew we wanted to see the old canal system and float along the water...

What a delightful discovery! The tour via the Jenny Wren is a fun and funky experience run by delightful folks. The boat is old-timey, open air with a canopy, with seating on small, colorful wooden chairs. You're encouraged to bring snacks and drinks on board.

The Jenny Wren passes through the Camden Lock, with its manual cranking system to raise and lower the water level in the lock. The commentary about the sights was casual and fun (as we passed the London Zoo, with kids down by the water: "oh look -- human children. Hear the sounds they make...")

It was a beautiful float down the historic waterway, witnessing the communities of eclectic canal houseboats and shore-based fellow travelers ("paddleboard yoga," "pirate castle"). It was encouraging to see the thriving bohemian communities along the canal and in Camden Town, although it seems like nearby gentrification may be eating away at these communities as it has in so many other places around the world, including our home of San Francisco...

You might consider taking a break from the usual London tourist sights and explore this bit of waterway history and contemporary culture. And the Jenny Wren is an excellent way to do this with panache.

(Note: We walked by the storefront a few times before seeing the office inside the Heaven Canal Cafe, located on the right just before the canal bridge when walking from the Camden Town Underground stop.)

1  Thank Jon_94117
Andrew W, Manager at Walker's Quay Canal Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the cruise aboard Jenny Wren! Hopefully we will see you again in the future.