“Really bad service”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
Description: Praised by HRH Prince Charles and listed by the BBC as 'One of the World's Best Curry Houses', the Aladin is famously known for serving quality Indian food in the heart of London. Recently declared Winner of European Curry Awards. Also Selected as the Winner for Taste Brick Lane Awards (participated by over 40 Restaurants in and around brick lane). Check Facebook profile and our website for details.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Not normally a negative reviewer but a group of friends and I had a really disappointing experience here. I booked the table in advance and was offered a set menu for starter, main, rice and naan. We then arrived and the waiter said we now only got the starter, main and rice or naan. Not the end of the world but when I said I thought we had agreed all four, he said "you thought" in an incredibly patronising way and then was quite aggressive when I said all four should be included. Anyway, he then continually tried to sell us extras like bringing us bottled water when we asked for tap. He snapped at the group for not paying attention when he was taking our order, when we were and was fairly rude when a friend's card payment didn't go through. In the end it was only £15 a person, which was a fair price for the food; however, the service just completely ruined the mood and I felt mortified for inflicting it on others. Reading through the other reviews it looks like we may have just gotten unlucky, but I know none of us would go back, and would highly recommend against it to others.

1  Thank Tim L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Went for my sons birthday very friendly helpful staff. Made us feel very welcome. The food was amazing would Defo recommend this restaurant. Will be going back very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

On brick lane you get harassed by all restaurant staff to eat at their place, promising 20% off, free drinks, etc, etc.
We went in, two females, when we had questions about the menu we were told “my colleague will come back”, so we waited for someone to come back to answer our questions, waiting significantly longer than the next table to order. The food was ok, masala chicken was good, nobody ever asked us if we wanted drinks, we never got 20% off as he next table did and my change never came back from the waiter either.

1  Thank VicaYEG
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

The curry was good, the service was amazing! Hats off to Bodz who really made my night magical! Ask him to carry all the plates and prepare to be aroused!

1  Thank ballzzy
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Was very happy with quality of food and service, there was a nice atmosphere in the restaurant and the staff were friendly. Our waiter Bodz was very helpful and welcoming.