1,229 results
All reviews angler restaurant black out blinds moorgate tube station games room huge bath blackout blinds liverpool street room service favourite london hotel high tech little touches the ground floor mini bar rooftop bar mood lighting amazing hotel modern hotel
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I have stayed at South Place on a number of occasions in 2015 and recently returned to find the Hotel to be at the same high standard as before, if not better! I love the location and the different restaurants and bars available.

I booked the ‘chefs view’ area in Angler for a family dinner. The staff were fabulous and the chefs very tolerant of my two young nieces looking through the window – they even gave them a little tour of the kitchen! The food was spectacular, with every detail taken care of. Fabulous staff with the knowledge and style you would expect from a highly regarded restaurant. I wont leave it so long next time to return. Whatever they are doing, they are doing it right.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Susanne T, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear williams_beck

thank you very much for your kind words and I am thrilled to hear that you had a great time in the hotel.
The Chef's view is a very special experience and Chef Gary is always happy to show people around and watch the team in action.

Please let me know when you wish to return and I will ensure you are looked after very well.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I chose South Place Hotel to host a special anniversary dinner and was not disappointed. The welcome on the ground floor was superb, stepping from the grey city into a floral oasis. Relaxed atmosphere in the bar and attentive service. We dined in Angler and were treated to a fabulous dinner. The staff were engaging and knowledgeable - clearly very proud of their restaurant. The roof terrace is a hidden gem - again, beautiful florals dress the entrances and borders. a great weekend getaway in the heart of London!

Room Tip: Make sure you book a table in Angler!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear NatsTrav34

thank you so much for the lovely review.

I am so happy to read that you had a great evening in the hotel and that you chose our Michelin restaurant Angler for your special occasion. I have passed on your kind words to the team members who were delighted to look after you and your family.

I hope we will welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I booked a deal as a surprise birthday trip for my fiancé and the fact that we are getting married in a few weeks. We live in London so it had to be a pretty good deal to entice me to book the stay: one night stay, Angler tasting menu and a glass of champagne followed by breakfast the next morning.

The staff were amazing from the reception to the Angler restaurant, they upgraded us and I must say really went the extra mile to make my fiancé’s birthday special. It was much appreciated.

We used the gym and small spa facilities, the bar on the ground floor and the Angler terrace- great cocktails in both places. The Angler meal was delicious, the service was amazing, I really hope to be back eating here soon.

Very comfortable room and bath with nice complimentary products, with lots of free films to watch.

The only blip was at breakfast in the chop house where I wasn’t served the syrup, compote etc with my pancakes. However the price on the bill was for the full pancake dish which wasn’t justified, it was promptly removed from the bill.

Overall a fantastic stay and thank you to all the staff that made it so special for us.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear LouBa_Gal

thank you very much for your kind review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

I am thrilled to hear that you chose South Place for your staycation and that the team looked after you and you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade.

I am sorry to hear about the blip at breakfast and I have spoken to the Head Chef and this will not happen again. Pancakes only taste good with the syrup and compote! Next time we will serve you an extra portion for sure.

We are hosting a wedding show case in the hotel this weekend so please let me know if you wish to come to get inspired for your upcoming wedding, My email is Susannet@southplacehotel.com

Hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Found this hotel thru TripAdvisor
Location excellent for the City. A stones throw from Moorgate and Liverpool Street stations and walking distance to all areas of the City.
Rooms immaculately clean. Very well appointed
Lively bar and great high quality in house dining options
High tech controls for lights and blinds can take a bit of understanding!
Great check in staff and very helpful Concierge
Bedding. Doona and pillows some of the best of any hotel

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Howard D

Thank you very much for your recent review and your kind words.

I am thrilled to hear that you found the location to be excellent as East London has a lot to offer especially on the weekends.

The controls for the lights and blinds are a bit technical but any of my team members would be delighted to explain this at any time during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Room 510 @ South Place Hotel:
• Large Room, very clean
• Hotel was fully automated- all sorts of different lighting - including recessed lights (very nice), automatic shades, TV and speakers in the bathroom.
• Very comfortable bed with extra pillows!
• Allowed us to early check-in at 10AM
• They delivered a plate of Macaroons on a first day to celebrate our anniversary
• Bathroom was amazing and bath products were really nice. Totally love the tub and decor! Note: they have soft water and the knobs are modern and smooth so be prepared when you have soapy hands to either use a rag or towel to turn on/off or leave the water running while washing up in the sink or shower.
• All amenities and then some:
o TV with Music and more
o Automated screen to block all sunlight and allowing you to sleep in
o Automated everything! Mood lighting, heated towel bar, service button, etc.
o Mini bar and snacks (for a price)
o Nespresso coffee and free milk
• Highly recommend this hotel, even if it’s not as close to the more travelled areas / attractions.
• Great shops and eateries nearby off Moorgate.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Susanne T, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Tiffany D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a lovely and detailed review of your recent stay with us.
It is fantastic to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed our beautiful hotel very much.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon
Warmest regards,