The Goring(London)
US$214
Expedia
  • Pool
2,225 results
All reviewsroyal victoriacustom housethe emirates cable caremirates airlineflight pathcity airportcanning towndlr stationjubilee linewhat it says on the tinminute walkcanary wharfeasy accesscomfy bedtesco expressstayed here for one nightwould stay again
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Perfect right close to the docks very clean.Staff were friendly room was clean in all a good stay the excel is close lovely walks along the docks we were there for the F1 Powerboat race in June food was ok

Room Tip: 643 had a great dock view
Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Raman Julka [General Manager]

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good location for Excel and the cable car over to the O2. Shame DLR still not running at weekends as would then be even more convenient.

Check in fast and friendly. Done away with checkout desk, have staff sitting at chairs/tables with laptops.

Room, typical Ibis, compact with no frills. Wifi included though unlike many hotels.

Room on 8th floor right opposite the lift which we thought might be a problem, but wasn't, pretty quiet (Despite being busy). Lots of aircraft noise with windows open, but didn't notice that either once closed.

Have stayed previously and would stay again if doing things in that area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

"Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Raman Julka [General Manager] "

So,

The price one of the days I was there raised to 230 pounds per night, definitely, I wouldn't pay this much.

The hotel is okay, the beds are good and it is as clean as you expect from Ibis. The toilet has a weird concept of a sort of cabin all-in-one thing. Weird, but not bad. The design called a bit my attention, it is not pretty, but you can see it from the pictures.

It is near the airport, so if I stay again, I would definitely ask for a room facing the inside of the building, in the morning it was a bit noisy.

I asked for a gym and I was told I could use the Novotel one since they are partners, I did so, it was good enough for a fast callisthenic training.

The breakfast is a typical British breakfast, it is not bad, but, would be better if there were some options to strict diets (like lactose-free milk). I don't agree with the reviews that call it poor tho, I think it is fair enough, you have vegetables, eggs, bacon, sausages, fruits, tea, coffee, cheese, ham, beans and so on...

The staff is super nice, + for Angelica and Eszter :)

BTW, they don't have a check-in desk. The staff helps you out in a more informal way doing the check-in with a smartphone. I liked it.

Room Tip: Pick a room that doesn't face outside to avoid airplanes waking you up in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

"Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. Raman Julka (General Manager)"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect location for Excel venue for conferences.
Welcome staff very friendly.
Clean.Cleaners offered more milk & coffee while I was in too.
Bathroom strange portacabin in the room, but clean and functional.
Not much in the area apart from.a few restaurants.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

"Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Raman Julka [General Manager]"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently stayed here for 2 nights as we was attending the Excel. The rooms are basic, but very comfortable and clean. The bar and restaurant are fine and served decent pub style food and drinks, staff are also friendly. Must admit we enjoyed our stay and will most probable stay here on our return back from Kent to Manchester. .

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards, Raman Julka [General Manager]