St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
  • Fitness centre
US$377
US$255
  • Restaurant
The Montcalm London Marble Arch(London)
US$223
  • Pool
The Oaks Guest House(London)(Great Value!)
US$141
The Lilac Door(London)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$902
Expedia
The Goring(London)
6,156 results
All reviewswestminster abbeycaxton grillnew scotland yardjames parkbeautiful hotelbig benjames tube stationlondon eyest jamesafternoon teafamily roomperfect locationconcierge staffjunior suitelondon hotelquiet streetrooms are small
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although now retired I've spent far too many nights in London when on business and have been priviledged to stay at many top hotels including The Ritz, Savoy and Grosvenor House etc. This trip to St Ermins was my first and was for pleasure. This is a classic hotel with many beautiful features. It is maintained to the highest standard. The staff service culture is consistent throughout the hotel, it is exemplary. They clearly wanted to please their guests and are proud of their hotel. Dinner on the one night we ate in was delicious. We didn't bother with breakfast. We will definitely revisit St Ermins, it is now our first choice in London.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Patrick,

Wow, have you made my day!

Outstanding review, I couldn't really ask for more!

I just love your title to your review especially the "better than the best" quote. I work very closely with all of my team to achieve a high standard of service so pleased it worked out for you.

It was such a pleasure to look after you and I'm delighted to read that we are now your first choice.

Hope you don't wait too long for a return trip.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed at St. Ermin’s twice and it has quickly become a favorite. The staff and property and service are excellent, plus the hotel is near a tube station and walking distance to popular attractions. Overall and excellent property that I recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. The family room with two full bathrooms is fantastic for a family or couples.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi There,

Wow! Two stays and we're a favourite! I'm just delighted to read that!

I'm so glad that my team looked after you so well, I will certainly ensure that they all see your lovely comments and are rewarded for this.

It was a pleasure to have you stay and we hope to meet you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently accompanied my husband on a business trip to London. We stayed at St. Ermin's for 7 nights and it was wonderful to stay in the heart of Westminster, just steps away from Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament, the shopping on Victoria St and everything that makes London...well, London.
The staff was so friendly and the service was impeccable. And, the history of the hotel, with all the stories of spies and espionage, is fascinating!
This is a gorgeous old grand dame of a hotel that leaves nothing wanting. It was a wonderful week.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Hi Sue,

How wonderful it is that you loved our quiet little haven. I must admit sometimes you forget you are in a big city once here. But London and all it's exciting sightseeing is just around the corner and it sounds like you made the most of it!

We have to take care of our beautiful 'old girl' especially as she is Grade II listed. Thank you mentioning how stunning she is.

Delighted you loved the old and new about our beautiful grade II listed building and oh yes loads of history.

I can tell you had a great time and we can't wait to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nice hotel but woke up to sounds of jackhammering on big construction site next door. Great if your alarm doesn’t work! Construction workers like to start work early.

You would think they might warn you about something like this.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Hi Christopher,

I was so very disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us.

Having tried to investigate this further I cannot find any reported issues on my Duty Managers reports, so unfortunately, I am unable to comment on this occasion.

However, I was so very sorry that you were disturbed by the work that was being carried out opposite our Hotel and can assure you that it is our sole aim to ensure that our guests have a relaxing time. The works only take place during the week and do not to start until after 8am in the morning, although this has not been an issue to date.

I really wish we had known during your stay as it would have been our pleasure to try and move you to an alternative room if availability permitted us to.

I do hope you will return to stay at St. Ermin's in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great first impression of the sweetest and prettiest hotel ensconced in it's own cul-de-sac. On approach, we were met by a bowler-hatted doorman who took our bags to reception where we were very efficiently checked in and directed to our room. We were placed on an upper floor in an extremely dark room due to the next door building. The room itself was well furnished, as was the bathroom. However it all felt very claustrophobic due to the lack of natural light. This was a deluxe room so not basic.
Dinner was tasty but the main course was lukewarm. After a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed we went for breakfast. A rather chaotic affair, no one to seat us and the tables had not been replenished with cutlery etc. The buffet breakfast was ok but disjointed due to the way it was laid out with the cold and hot options in different rooms. The choice of hot items was extremely limited - sausage, bacon and either fried or scrambled eggs. Not great given the price of the rooms, even in Central London. The staff, once we had engaged with them, were very friendly and helpful. Would stay again but request a room that looked over the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the front of the property
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Sarah,

I am pleased that you found St. Ermin's as beautiful as we believe it to be and also that you felt very welcomed by our lovely front of house team.

I'm sorry to hear you felt the room was tiny, from your review I can confirm you stayed in a Deluxe Room which is one of our several room categories. We do have a range of rooms and hopefully on your next visit we will be able to discuss those with you on check in. You can also visit our website where we have 360 view photos of each of our room types along with sample floor plans to help you decide what room would best suit your needs.

I would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback on several points regarding your stay, we take all your guest’s comments very seriously and where possible reflect this in our service standards. We usually receive good feedback about our buffet breakfast and I am just sorry that you didn't enjoy it on this occasion.

I'm glad that overall, you still feel you would return to visit. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,