5,203 results
All reviews victoria station buckingham palace reunion bar wing room champagne bar gatwick express beautiful hotel the executive lounge afternoon tea birthday treat an upgrade london hotel breakfast was included big ben stayed here for one night single room hyde park
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Location was undeniably perfect. Walking distance to most attractions. Room was not bad. Breakfast mediocre. Service at breakfast was also mediocre. Often no bowls for cereal and bread for toast. Taking up to 15 minutes to replace. My husband was very disappointed with the time taken to refresh supplies. We even had to pour our own tea and coffee somedays. We ate in the restaurant a couple of nights. The food wasn’t anything to write home about and the service was poor. The language barrier was and issue also as the staff were mostly European with very poor English. Not the best experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Toby G, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. It was disappointing to read that you only had a mediocre stay with us and it looks like our breakfast service and offering let us down. We do endeavour to ensure all our team members have a good understanding and are able to communicate in English and I have also passed on your comments to our Food & Beverage Director to address. I do hope you will consider giving The Grosvenor another chance in the future where we can prove to you that we can deliver the best experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Beautiful hotel with access to Victoria Station in the lobby. Only about a 15-20 minute walk to Buckingham Palace/Westminster. Clean, comfortable room. Helpful staff. Breakfast buffet is a great value and has a variety of choices. If you have trouble walking, ask for a room in the original part of the hotel as it can be quite a hike to your room in the new wing.

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for your five star review on our beautiful hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grosvenor soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

If you are going to be in London for work or pleasure, you can't go wrong with the Grosvenor.

The location is absolutely perfect (next to Victoria Station) and the hotel and Staff are wonderful.

This was my third stay here, and I will never stay anywhere else in London.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for your five star review and we look forward to continuing to welcome you to our hotel.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The Grosvenor Hotel has an excellent location adjacent to Victoria Station and within walking distance of many tourist attractions, the reason I selected the Hotel for my partner's special birthday celebration. On arrival the Hotel interior was very well appointed and the staff were welcoming and friendly. The rooms although lacking space and functionality were clean, well appointed and comfortable, well insulated from outside noise.

The design of the rooms considering their size (on the small side so a little claustrophobic feeling initially), were just poorly thought through. My partner put her clothes (for a 3 day stay) in the wardrobe along with her case. No room for mine though? Used the case stand and lived out of the case for 3 days. That was OK I suppose I could live with that, but three stubbed toes during the night later it was becoming less acceptable. The tea and coffee making facilities were in the bottom of the bed side cabinet, to plug the kettle in I had to utilise the socket behind the TV that was on top of the dressing table with the most abysmal snow storm of a picture I have seen. Why not flat screen on the wall?

I could spend a while typing comments about the first morning breakfast buffet but in the interests of time would sum it up by saying extremely poor. What should be a treat in a London short break was not and we decided not to enough go down for day 2 or 3 and had to purchase breakfast elsewhere again. Considering what was paid to stay here, I can honestly say in my opinion there was little overall value for money, and I would be unlikely to stay again in the future. The Hotel is very clean well maintained and staff are indeed very friendly, although not overly proactive in resolving complaints that made calmly, politely and with much regret. (We did not go to London to complain, and we are both frustrated that I have had to). There is much that is good about the Hotel and if these issues were resolved it would be a great location to stay in London.

Room Tip: Higher floors (we were in room 560) seem well insulated from street noise.

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your detailed review on your recent visit to our hotel. My team and I were disheartened that your stay with us was not as it should have been, more so that it was a special occasion to celebrate your partners birthday. We do strive to ensure all our bedrooms in terms of shape and size meet the needs of our guests and I am sorry to hear this was not the case for you. Guests feedback is an important tools for us to work on any areas that fall short of our expectations and we are currently replacing our televisions to digital. Our Food & Beverage Director along with our Head Chef are also working on our breakfast offering. Problem resolution makes such a difference to our industry and we will always do our very best to get it right first time. However, on occasion when this is not the case we will endeavour to rectify our mistakes. As you mentioned, there are many advantages of staying at our hotel and we do hope you will give us another try. Should you have a date in mind, please do contact our Guest Relations team beforehand so that they can take care of you and ensure you have a memorable stay with us for the right reasons.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We booked a twin room (560) which although on the small side was configured with inappropriate furniture that did not maximise the use if the limited space we had. Tea and Coffee in the bed side cabinet? Abysmal reception on TV that should have been a flat screen on the wall. It took up all the dressing table space. No space for two medium suitcases. I had to live out of the case!! The buffet breakfast was appalling, cold and poorly cooked. We ended up having to buy our two subsequent breakfasts outside of the Hotel. A significant pleasure of a Hotel stay lost!

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I was dismayed to read that your room was not suitable and your experience fell short of our usual high standards. We take all of our guests feedback on board and were very disappointed that your high hopes were dashed. I have shared your comments with our Head Chef and we are currently in the process of upgrading our televisions. We do hope you will give us a chance to restore our reputation and should you have a date in mind, please do let our Guest Relations team know so that they can personally look after you.