“Surprisingly good”

Tinseltown Hampstead
Ranked #18,523 of 25,436 Restaurants in London
Description: Tinseltown is the UK's #1 American style Halal diner chain with burgers, chicken, shakes, desserts and more!
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Had a reallt great burger here at Tinseltown, also would love to add that they do the best milkshakes ever! (Oreo milkshake is amazing)!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

They are short of staff. Only one waitress running around.. AC not working on the hot day. Smelly place with the tasteless,greasy and salty food. Horrible experience!!!

Reviewed 6 May 2018

What happened? We were the only people there except for one other couple and there were four members of staff. We wanted a quick dessert and as i can't have some of the sauces i asked for plain waffles with bananas and strawberries. I was told that the system would absolutely not allow for any changes to the menu. I suggested that as it was quiet and there were more staff than customers maybe they could walk down to the kitchen and just ask for it instead and i was told that this was simply not a possibility which is just not true and ridiculous. We walked out. I had been a loyal customer for years but will not be returning.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

My friends and I used to come here regularly about a decade ago when it was difficult to get good, American halal food anywhere else in London. The place was always packed and the food delicious. How things have changed!

I came to have dinner here on a Wednesday night around 9pm in January. From the outside, the place looked rundown and empty, with dirty windows. I thought maybe my eyes were deceiving me as it used to be such a buzzing place, so I decided to enter anyway. As soon as I did, I regretted it. The place was completely empty; only one table was occupied by what looked like the manager doing his account books. The waiter behind the bar looked astounded to see me, and even more shocked when I said I wanted a table. I don't think they're used to anyone coming here, ever. The manager got up from his booth and showed me to another booth.

I sat down and was given a dirty, laminated menu. The food offering hadn't changed since I came here years ago, but now the restaurant stank of sewage. I tried to hold my breath and ordered a chilli hot dog, fries and a drink. The manager put the order through a window that led up to a food lift (one of those that food is lowered down from). No idea where the kitchen was, if there even is one!

The food arrived and was okay. It was very hard to eat though, due to the constant smell of rancid sewage in the restaurant. While I was there, a couple of other customers came into the restaurant to order milkshakes to take away but they didn't sit down. As a solo female, I actually felt a bit afraid in this restaurant. Finally another couple came in and were shown to a table. They seemed to have the same look of disgust as they came in and saw the empty, dirty restaurant and the smell. I heard the man telling the woman how he used to come here years ago and it had good milkshakes. The woman did not look impressed and after some hushed chatting, they told the manager they'd decided just to order milkshakes and not stay for dinner. They left soon after.

I quickly finished my food. I have no idea how this restaurant is still in business as they have no customers and the place is so rundown and stinks. The only small silver lining was that the manager was quite friendly and gave good service. I will never come here again.

1  Thank Skylarks
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

If you’d read my other reviews, I’m generally always positive as can be so to put this review in context... shockingly rubbish. The service was non existent, trying to get the waitress attention is near on impossible even if staring in your direction... was it busy? No. Had to ask some other dude to serve us & to be fair he was prompt & quickly returned.
Food took ages to come. When it did it was pointless (Philly Cheese Steak) it had a few bits of beef, only ate half the bun because what’s the point on just eating bun... and the cheek that it was more expensive then the burger to get a bun with 4 bits of beef jerky in it. Also it is not a club. I don’t expect the music to be so loud that I have to start shouting at the person next to me so they can hear.
The only good thing is the halloumi fries were defo good value for money, proper filling & decent.
Don’t bother with it this place, milkshake bars are all over the place now, TT Hampstead is way way nothing special anymore, I’d recommend going somewhere else!

3  Thank IslandsOfAdventure