“Excellent”

Royal Albert Hall
Ranked #19 of 827 Sights & Landmarks in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Opened in 1871, the Royal Albert Hall is the world’s most famous stage. It is also one of London’s most iconic and visited tourist attractions. Over the years, it has been the scene of over 150,000 performances; from Wagner to Sinatra, The Beatles to Beyonce, Muhammad Ali to Adele, and is home to the celebrated BBC Proms. Whilst the venue is most famous for its shows by night, by day this treasured building is open for coffee, lunch, afternoon tea and guided tours of the building. Tip for tour ticket holders: Enjoy a 10% discount on items in the Hall’s gift shop and Cafe Bar.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We did a tour of the Royal Albert Hall and what an amazing building. Our tour guide was Andy and he was fantastic. Very interesting and was great to see around the building. The tour last for about 50 mins. Nice cafe at the entrance, but if you are going on a tour buy your tickets first because you get 10% off in the cafe by showing your ticket.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,196)
All reviews
in 80 reviews
"bucket list"
in 70 reviews

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

What a ridiculous review below of the RAH, must be from one of those who booed and heckled George Benson because the poor man had a throat problem (laryngitis apparently) and bravely tried to continue with his gig. Yes we all paid a lot of money, we were in the centre of row 5 but these things happen in life, get over it.

The Royal Albert Hall remains one of London’s finest venues and I still get a buzz of excitement when approaching. Yes, the drinks are expensive but this isn’t a seedy backwater hall and you either suck it up or have a drink elsewhere first if that’s important to you.

The seats are comfortable, the staff courteous and well trained and I will return as many times as I can to this superb auditorium.

And for information, including the price of the seats and fares, meals and drinks, the evening cost my wife and I pushing £500. These things happen in life, I’m not particularly elated but it’s nobodies fault and certainly not the RAH.!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Fabulous concert, Benson on fine form whole venue on its feet after only two songs. Have seen him 3 times now first in 1978 and the entertainment was as good now as then. The band were superb and he played all of our favourites.
Had a great meal as usual in Cafe Verdi service prompt and polite. Very tasty pizza for me and Gnocchi for my wife, great wine as well plus lovely desserts and hot coffee, just right for pre show dinner.
RAH staff very polite and friendly as usual too.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Shame he was a complete and utter washout, I guess his concert the following night, clearly used up all his vocals, he should stick to one night stints now instead of ripping off his long established fan base by not being able to sing two nights on the trot. Within the first hour he gave up and walked off stage.thanks George for the worst concert I have ever attended and yes I have been to quite a few and don't get me started on how much money I have wasted on this one, epic fail.

The bar prices at this place are totally rediculous
£14 for a large glass of wine
£7 for a bitter shandy

Won't be rushing back here in a hurry
And I definitely won't be rushing back this side of the grave to see George Benson, award winning artist, he may well have been in the distant past, give it up George and retire I think you have enough money, well £325 of mine as of now.

7  Thank Gregor W