1,253 results
All reviews queens gate royal albert hall natural history museum gloucester road hyde park room wasn't ready piccadilly line location is excellent tube station quiet room rooms are small west end kensington harrods chelsea heathrow pubs
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We were greeted at reception with a warm cookie, but unfortunately it was all down-hill from then on.
The lifts were not working and the room was so small that it was completely taken up with the bed. The hotel is undergoing extensive building works but this is not mentioned anywhere and not shown on the photographs of the hotel. The unbearable building noise is so loud i could not hear anything my partner was saying, even though the room was only about 2mt square. We changed rooms but could still hear the building noise.
I pre-paid an extra £18 each for breakfast to be included but most things were an extra cost on top. Worked out at £22 for a slice of french toast, £4 for a warm carton of yogurt that I could of brought from Sainsbury’s for 30p. The staff all said that they were all very sorry and all said that they know how terrible the hotel building works are, how awful it is for the guests and how unfair the extra breakfast charge is. Talking with the other guests confirmed that the other guests all had very similar unsatisfactory experiences. The staff did their best but were constantly having to apologising for how bad things are at this hotel.
I have stayed with the Hilton many times and for many years and always felt the Hilton name was a stamp of excellence but this time, even though the final bill was reduced due to the unsatisfactory conditions, I left the hotel feeling like I had been robbed.
I was constantly expecting someone to suddenly appear with a film crew declaring that it was all a setup and we were part of a staged joke. Unfortunately the experience was completely real!
My advice is that If you can not find anywhere else to stay and if all the other hotels are fully booked then still don’t check into this hotel.

Room tip: Find a room at another hotel!
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank billbobadgerboy
Iwona R, on behalf of the staff at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear billbobadgerboy,

We very much take pride in our hospitality principles and we were undoubtedly disappointed after learning about your experience. Needless to say, customer feedback is vital to our operations and we are most grateful for the effort you have made to share your observations. Please allow me to reassure you that the hotel will use your comments to improve future services.

We highly value your patronage and genuinely hope you will afford us the opportunity look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I recently stayed at the Double Tree by Hilton for 7 nights during my business visit. My company booked the hotel for me and they must have thought they're booking a Hilton, all prepaid. All the things this property claims to be; it's not. I was shocked when my Uber driver stopped the cab in front of a building in ruins and said, "Sir, we've arrived". I double checked my hotel voucher and realized the 7 nights are doing to be tough. I reached the hotel at 2 PM and got the room only at 3:45PM! This was when I requested an early check in 2-3 days before my arrival. I was given a room on second floor, which has no lift access. It also reminded me of the moving stairs scene from Harry Potter, a you might need more than once to figure out which was are rooms! The hotel is going through renovation and that made staying in the room really uncomfortable. The breakfast was served on the ground floor which was like a living room of my Grany's house.Limited options in the buffet. The reception desk personnel are anything but welcoming. The housekeeping service was below par level with hair of previous occupants whirling in the room. After my complaint they shifted me to the 5th floor and for that I had to pack and unpack my stuff again. So disappointed.

Room tip: Underground station is just 4 mins walk away. Do try and visit the natural history museum which is just a block away.
Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank AlmightyAbhishek
Iwona R, on behalf of the staff at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear AlmightyAbhishek,

I offer my sincerest apologies for the less than satisfactory experience that you had at our property on this occasion. I understand how disappointing it must be when the standard of your stay is not equal to that which you expect, and please rest assured that this is not the lasting impression we wish to leave with our valued guests.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

As a pre curser to this review, I stay in hotels at least 2 nights a week, which of course means I have a few issues and will raise them as I am paying for customer service.

I am a Diamond Member with Hilton, and generally speaking, they are good at customer service. However the Doubletree in Kensington is a shining example of how Hilton should not operate.

When I arrived at the check-in desk I was informed the room I had booked was not available, a premium deluxe queen room, no reason was given as to why, however they have upgraded me to a superior twin room. I am sorry a Queen to a twin is never an upgrade, I then realized the room they had given to me is cheaper than the room I had booked yet no reduction in room rate had been provided, I checked online to confirm my assumption that this was the case.

When I spoke to the night manager, he informed me the room was the same price as the Premium Queen. At this point I just showed the screenshot of their website showing a cheaper room rate of £5 per night, his response was that's not really a price difference, £5 may be insignificant to Hilton however this showed that he was trying to mislead and deceive which is not ok. One of the perks of being a diamond member is that you have a 48 Hour room guarantee, not sure why seeing as certain hotels don't honour it.

After he reduced the rate on the system, I asked if there were any queen room available for my second night, to which he responded no, however we have a superior double room available for both nights. At this point I was getting irritated, I asked why I had been given two single beds rather than being assigned this room in the first place. I wasn't given a reason he just changed the room, at this point the attitude of the staff indicated they really don't care about customer service, or the guests in their hotels I requested a cancellation of the second night, and left in the morning.

The rooms themselves need a clean. You need to be mindful that construction work is ongoing. I just wouldn't stay here if you an avoid it.

Room tip: Don't stay here.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Issam A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear John,

Please accept my sincere apologies for hindering your London trip on this occasion. Whilst the management of the hotel is complex under the evolving environment, my team should have done better in providing an appropriate alternative or at the very least to communicate more effectively. Again, I am sorry for the lapse in focus and hope that in time, you will give us another opportunity to change your views on our property. Kind Regards, Issam

Reviewed 29 May 2018

This was my second hotel stay in London after staying in Hilton Waterloo. I reached around 11 pm after a really long and tiring day of traveling. I didn't feel welcome at all in the check in process. I felt like cutting short my stay to just 1 night. However thought of taking some more time until morning to decide whether I wanted to continue or not.
The front desk gave me a room on the 2nd floor and told me that the lift wasn't working. Although they did offer assistance in carrying one of my bags, I politely declined.
The quality of the room was below par and the narrow hotel corridors made it appear like a cheap motel. For the high nightly rates being charged, I would certainly recommend travelers to find better & cost effective options.

Room tip: Simple avoid
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Issam A, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Sourahb,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. Please accept my apologies if a member of our night team fail to demonstrate the level of customer service we both expect. We have a replacement program for our lift due to obsolete parts which has affected our services so we compensated adding extra assistance to particular rooms. It would be just to state that due to our condition, our rate are very competitive for this area of London but I can relate with the perception of your stay. Our hotel is evolving in transitions, will start to show its new colors gradually and I can assure you that the end result - although difficult to visualise at this moment- will be fantastic so I hope we will see you again in the future so you can fully appreciate the transformation. Kind Regards, Issam

Reviewed 26 May 2018

We booked the Doubletree Kensington on the basis of brand (we are gold Hilton Hhonors members) and location. It was not a good choice! We had pre-booked and checked in online to confirm a room for 5 nights on the top floor. When we arrived, we were told that the room we had booked and confirmed was not in fact available. We were offered another room on the ground floor—it turned out to be a glorified cupboard—tiny with no window—near the construction. (The hotel is under renovation.) This being unacceptable, we were shown another tiny room on the ground floor, this time right next to the kitchen. Finally we agreed to look at a top floor room on the understanding that we would have to change rooms in mid-stay. This room was also unacceptably tiny, and it had two twin beds, not a true double bed. The staff who showed us this room was unsympathetic and even rude—when I pointed out that we were gold Hhonors members, he said that everyone who stays here is a gold member, as if the terms of our loyalty program were of no importance. We asked the manager to find us another Doubletree hotel that could accommodate us, and after a long wait we finally were placed elsewhere.

This Doubletree Hotel is not up to the standard we have come to expect. The rooms we saw were very alarmingly tiny. Pre-bookings are obviously not honoured. (Indeed, we heard another guest complaining to front desk staff that despite pre-booking he had been forced to change rooms in mid-stay.). Current construction is unacceptably intrusive. We have enjoyed staying at other Doubletree Hotels in London, but were really disappointed by the Doubletree Kensington.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Nicole B, on behalf of the staff at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear amb614,

We appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel.

We are very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us, and that you ended up being relocated to a different property.

We sincerely apologize for not being able to guarantee the room you have selected before arrival: we try our very best to honour all requests, but sometimes this is not always possible. For this reason, any room selection is always subject to availability upon arrival.

We also regret to read that our staff members were not apologetic and we have addressed this with our team to make things better for the future.

Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise. Your feedback helps us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.