3,292 results
All reviews russell square tube station brunswick centre british museum piccadilly line executive room kings cross west end covent garden tesco express excellent location st pancras breakfast was excellent reception staff central location full english small room family room
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Attentive, courteous staff. My room on the 6th floor was quiet. The bed was comfortable and the room a decent size. The breakfast was good. Nice coffee and good choice of hot and cold food. The only drawback was the shower which was over the bath and not very powerful. P

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HIBloomsburyTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.
It is with great pleasure that I read your feedback and I know that you enjoyed your stay with us, your room was comfortable and quiet and our breakfast was good.
Please do not hesitate to contact our reception desk at any time during your stay and we will be more than happy to help you with any request.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back for another stay in London.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Good 2 night stay. Slept well both nights, room not too hot. All staff friendly and helpful. Decent breakfast and had one meal in bar area which was fine. Easy walk from Kings Cross and good location close to Russel Square tube station. Only negative is £30 they take from your card when check in. Not refunded on check out and reception didn't make it clear when refund would be.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HIBloomsburyTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience on TripAdvisor.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our location, your room and our breakfast.
I do apologise if at the check-in the authorisation was not explained to you properly. The authorisation is only an hold on your credit card. The time of release (not a refund as no charge has been processed) will be according to your bank. In the worst case it will be up to 3-4 days.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Had a really nice stay. Had to change rooms as mistakely put near lift. Was upgraded to a executive room which was nice.
Hotel does not look great from outside but inside its nice and reasonably modern.
Got connected Sports bar which was good to watch football and also nice calmer lounge bar.
Both dinner and breakfast good quality and staff friendly as well. The location is perfect near tube and with shops nearby. Surprisingly quiet for central London.
Will definately return when staying next time in London.

Trip type: Travelled with family
HIBloomsburyTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I am really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our restaurant and breakfast offer together with our central but quiet location.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Ilaria Gandini
Reception Manager

Reviewed 12 April 2018

My experience of this trip was up and down all the way through. I made a group booking as a frequent IHG hotels business booker and the first person dealing with the booking desperately needed a customer service course, as did the Manager who checked us in. The bed was comfy, the room tiny (but this is central London!) and the bathroom clean and functional. I put a card out for breakfast in my room and it was never collected. I complained about a couple of things in two ways (WiFi survey) and on a feedback form at reception and have had no response at all. My general feel was that it is perfectly adequate but don’t expect good customer service as they are obviously too busy to care what you think!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Natalie P
HIBloomsburyTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and for being a regular guest with IHG hotels.
I am sorry to read that your that your check-in experience was not as expected. I can reassure you that our customer welcome is our top priority.I understand that this was a group reservation and I already confirmed with our groups team that your loyalty card will be credited with all benefits.
I do apologise for the issue with the in-room-breakfast. This is not our usual standard and it was reported to our F&B manager and I can assure you and we will do all we can to avoid recurrence in the future.
Thank you and I hope this will not put you off from staying with us again.
Ilaria Gandini
Reception Manager

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We spent 6 nights here and will be returning for a quick 1 night stay later this week. Room 606 was so quiet that sleeping on the comfortable bed was easy for this light sleeper. The room was a reasonable size, clean and well serviced daily. The staff are fantastic - nothing is too much trouble and always so pleasant. A couple of minor matters, such as a light globe needing replacement, were handled very quickly. Gosia and the staff in the restaurant/breakfast room are so friendly yet so efficient that no matter how busy they are in the morning, everything is easy - good choice of food, freshly prepared and very tasty. We made a couple of requests to the staff servicing our room - one was for green tea bags and another for still water, not sparkling water, each day and both requests were not only done on that day but remembered on ensuing days. Remembering personal preferences of guests is a much appreciated gesture, yet another sign of great staff and good service. The location of the hotel, close to the Underground yet not on a main road, is fantastic.

Room tip: Rooms looking inwards towards a courtyard are very quiet with no traffic noise
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Weagles
HIBloomsburyTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
It is with great pleasure that I receive your detailed feedback and I am happy to read that not only you enjoyed our location and our breakfast, but also our staff looked after you very well.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another stay in London.