All reviewsmarylebone high streetwallace collectionmanchester squareold english charmenglish hotelmarylebone areatraditional hotelcharming hotelbond streetregents parkonly stayed one nightwest endupgraded to a suitethe ground floorsingle roomfirst floorlondon hotel
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I did not know of this hotel but was happily surprised to have discovered it.
Not your typical 4* hotel - older English feel and a little quirky, but very comfortable and in a great location.
I would certainly return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I have said in my previous reviews about a website called All our yesterdays, it is in fact called Yesterday Once More. I would recommend this Hotel , it is abit dated but everything else from the staff, to the food and service, we found was all excellent

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Traditional London warm and friendly hotel, great for a short stay and very central.

It would have been the perfect stay if we didn't have our car and the problems that came with the parking and hotel not knowing if I can park in the street or outside the hotel.

We were upgraded to the most beautiful suite, complete with fireplace, bookshelves and a dressing room. It was just lovely with chair and plenty of space and a view out on the street, just a beautiful room !

The reception was very friendly first off and so were the concierge, up to the moment when I asked about parking.....

I had called in advance to ask for a parking place in the hotels small carpark, but was told there is no reservation as first come first served. As I was arriving on a Sunday and Monday was a bank holiday they told me that it is free parking right outside the hotel and all the streets surrounding the hotel as the hotel carpark if free is 30 pounds a night and as we were driving all the way from Belgium car parking was important to us.

Without going into detail (its a long story), the parking signs on the streets were a bit confusing and the reception or concierge didn't know what they meant. They were not helpful and just said they don't know and can't help us, we were left to work it all out ourselves and took us 3 hours which meant most of our afternoon was taken up trying to find out if its ok to park right outside the hotel (the hotel should know this).

We wanted some food but there was no information of the hotel at all or any food or drinks available in our rooms, so I went back downstairs to reception and asked where the room service menu is in our room and all the info on the hotel and is there a menu, she replied "well I am not sure, I don't think there is a menu as its changed" and carried on doing what she was doing....

So, we went for a walkabout in the hotel and found a heavy evening dinning menu for the restaurant, sadly I couldn't eat any of the food as none was gluten free, so I asked if there is bar food and she replied there was.

We went to the bar and there wasn't any bar food and again no menu, it was by this time Sunday night and everything by this time was shut around the hotel so we went hungry!

Its a beautiful hotel and the staff seem friendly but they seem to not actually know what is in the hotel and any info about it (parking outside, menus, hotel info, room service etc).

I saw a waitress wandering around the hotel with a hot chocolate for ages not knowing what to do with it, and other staff doing the same - I am not sure if the hotel has recently been taken over but it seems no one is trained or briefed on the hotel itself.

Again not unfriendly just not knowledgeable about the hotel, again the hotel has it all just needs some staff training.

I will be back as the room we had was just amazing and also clean and good value for money, by then hopefully the staff will know what is what.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade to a suite - truly worth it
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I agree with previous reviews, the hotel lobby gives you a wonderful expectation that the rooms will match the grander experienced as you enter, but not the case. The rooms are small, the furniture, bedding, carpet old and worn. The bed isn't big enough for my 12 year old son. For the price, the only value is the location and adequate service. If you're looking for comfort in the room, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I had never come across this hotel before, but i am so glad that i now know about it. its a slice of old fashioned luxury, but with all mod cons and lovely Bathrooms. The staff could not have been nicer and more helpful. its located so close to Oxford street and Fitzrovia so your right next to the shops, bars, pubs and restaurants. and your can get all major public transport with easy.

The room was big enough and quiet. the other guests there where respectful and didn't make any noise. the bed was comfortable and the decoration charming.

I really didn't want to review it on here as I am scared its going to get to well known, but as it was such a nice stay i wanted to thank the staff and the hotel for such a pleasant weekend while i was there.

another trip the Wallace museum is Opposite so well worth a pop in to see an impressive art collection.

I will be booking again the next time i'm in London.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo